Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, High Point, Winston Salem
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-31-2011, 07:26 PM  

where are the best hiking trails in this area?

Are there any good hiking trails in this area? I enjoy the ones up by Boone and Linville Falls area.

Thanks

Old 02-01-2011, 10:24 PM  

Winston-Salem
Depends on how far you want to drive and how long you want to hike. Not as far a drive would be Pilot Mountain, Hanging Rock. I really like Stone Mountain for the variety of terrain/trails/sights. Feel free to ask follow ups, I've lived and hiked the area for about 30 yrs. Best regards

Old 02-03-2011, 03:49 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerimiah View Post
Depends on how far you want to drive and how long you want to hike. Not as far a drive would be Pilot Mountain, Hanging Rock. I really like Stone Mountain for the variety of terrain/trails/sights. Feel free to ask follow ups, I've lived and hiked the area for about 30 yrs. Best regards
Agree with above. My family and I really enjoy all of those areas, especially Stone Mountain, though it has changed a lot in the last 30 years.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:31 AM  

+1 for hanging rock, good trails and beautiful countryside.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:42 AM  
Dimensional Flux

Groinsboro, Tarheel
There's Grandfather Mountain as well with the Cables and Ladders section.
Accessed thru the main terminal parking lot while of course the Trail can be accessed from other areas, other Trails, depending upon how much distance one wants to Hike.

I like Hanging Rock and generally traverse the Old Firewatch Trail for it's the longest and roughest (for me) when started near the swimming area.

Wherever one Hikes, CARRY PLENTY OF WATER and ENERGY SNACKS.

CHEERS!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, High Point, Winston Salem
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads