Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > South Carolina > Greenville / Spartanburg
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-03-2011, 02:38 PM  

Indoor Ranges in Greenville/Greer

Any suggestions for indoor shooting ranges?

Dewey's Pawn has that single wide trailor. Its not bad at all for what it is.

Allan Arms scares the crap out of me - I cannot believe no one has been shot and killed there yet. The worst run range I have ever seen.

Beyond that I do not know of any...

Old 02-15-2011, 10:13 AM  

Greenville, SC
Granted I have only been to a few ranges...(I live in the country and shoot at home)
The few I have been to are setup pretty much just like Allan Arms.... What does a "good" indoor gun range look like if not like AA's.? Just wondering...

Old 02-15-2011, 10:33 AM  

Well, quality ventilation and good lighting are important. My issue with AA is that I have the crazy fantasy that I should feel slightly safer at a pistol range than I did in Iraq in the USMC. In my experience at AA this was NOT the case. The "range safety officer" - some guy named Dave -was one of the worse offenders. Firearm rights are and will continue to be an ongoing battle in this country. People that do not shoot usually do not understand most of the issues. If and when accidents happen they just use those as another argument as to why the 2nd amendment should be re-written. An official firearms range should be a model of safety. Allan Arms was a model of how a range should never be run.

Now, the range itself was about average. I just refuse to support a business that is almost intentionally trying to harm my rights as a firearm owner/instructor.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:44 AM  

Greenville, SC
Okay, fair enough... I have only used the facility once for shooting and I think it was just me and about 2 other people so it was okay. If it had been full I probably would have felt a little uneasy. I like my back yard. But to answer your initial question, I am only aware of the two already mentioned as far as indoor ranges.

Oh, and I think I bought some bulk ammo one time but that is all I have spent there (and the range time the 1 time). They seem a bit $$$ for me.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:51 AM  

My intent for the original posting was that I was looking for a place to have my students shoot their qualifiers. I am a CWP instructor. I have been using an outdoor range but during Winter and rain that does not work out well at all. Dewey's is a possible option for very small groups - but 10 students and the range time alone would be all day. If Allan cleans up their act I am not opposed to using their facilities - but right now I certainly do not want to impart on the students that their normal SOP is the "proper way" to do things.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:58 AM  

Greenville, SC
CWP instructor huh..... Hmmm.. My wife and I have been considering getting our permits possibly.
So you are here in the upstate eh. We priced it out a while back and were very close to having someone come out to my house and get us certified if we could get a small group up. I had my mom, sister,wife,me, and a couple of people from work. Never did it though. I think I was being too cheap I guess. I am quite frugal, I think....

Do you advertise? It is possible I have spoken with you before!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > South Carolina > Greenville / Spartanburg
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.