Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-22-2010, 06:38 PM  

Hershey, PA
Local Home Brew Supply

Where do you fellow home brewers get your supplies near Harrisburg PA?

Old 11-23-2010, 10:42 AM  

Philadelphia, PA
This would be a bit out of the way from Harrisburg, but when I lived in York I used to go to Mr. Steve's which is still my favorite home brew shop. I live in Philly now, but any excuse I can make to be in the York area I try to stop in and pick a few things up. The staff is super friendly and helpful and the store is pretty large so there's usually everything you need available. Again, kinda out of the way, but well worth it in my opinion.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:36 AM  

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
I go to two different shops in my area. The two home brew shops I use are Scotzin Bros, in Lemoyne and Mr. Steve's in Lancaster. I use Mr Steve's for theirs hops since Scotzins Bros's hop are not store well and leave a bad after taste in my beers, but Scotzin Bros have very good prices for their there malted barley.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:50 PM  
PA Transplant

Thomasville, PA
I use Mr. Steves in York! He is a great guy and has lots of knowledge. I am attanding a wine seminar of his tomorrow evening.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:59 PM  

PA
+1 for Mr. Steves. I've been to both York and Lancaster stores, great group of guys, Very helpful.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:04 PM  

Harrisburg, PA
I'm glad to have found out about Mr. Steve's, I will have to drive down and check it out. I live real close to Scotzin's and I really like it there, but their hours are horrible.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:36 PM  
PA Transplant

Thomasville, PA
Yes Mr Steves has great hours. It is also stocked with just about everythin gyou need for beer or wine making. He also sponsers lots of classes for wine and beer making for the beginner and up. Last night I went to a wine/food paring seminar he sponsered and had Tim Vandergrift there as the speaker. He works for the wine kit company Wine expert and he also writes for wine magazine. It was very good. Not to sure about the wines he served but... hahaha Anyway Steve IS a great guy and very helpful.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:26 AM  

Joppa, Maryland
I've used Smitty's Homebrew Shop in Carlisle also. Their stock was really limited when I was there (about a year ago), but normally I was using Scotzin in Lemoyne. Smitty's is housed in another business that deals with fire preventation equipment, so they could exchange co2 tanks as well.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:55 PM  
PA Transplant

Thomasville, PA
I went looking for Smittys one day and never did find it. So I just chalked it off as out of business or really small.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:20 PM  

Montgomery, Pa
Troeg Beer rocks.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads