Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2010, 12:34 PM  
new brewer

juice, in
Start a brew supply store

what would be a good way to start my own brew supply shop?

Old 12-16-2010, 02:55 PM  
JF Recruit

State College, Pennsylvania
i would defiantly check into fed and local laws, but other then business licensees i doubt itd be to hard

Old 12-22-2010, 12:09 PM  

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
If you do start one, please make the hours more suitable. I can't make it to Scotzin's before they close on Wednesdays, and have a hard time getting their on Saturdays as well.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:57 PM  
PA Transplant

Thomasville, PA
Yes you would be better off driving down to York to Mr Steves he is open m-f like 10-7 and then on sat 10-5 or something like that. Check out his web page.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:44 PM  

Dover, PA
Yes, and Mr. Steve's new location is pretty conveinent, right off Rt 30 and Rt 24. Pretty big, nice selection, free grain crushing, and Mr. Steve is a stand-up guy...
Old 12-28-2010, 02:32 PM  

Harrisburg, Pa
I agree with the post about Scitzin's. I love the help and owners, however, the hours are terrible
Old 01-12-2011, 11:18 AM  

Mr. Steve's in York is where I've bought all my gear
Old 02-23-2011, 10:40 AM  

I doubt there would be any federal laws to deal with since they are just selling the supplies. The feds only get involved once you start fermenting. Local laws however is something completely different. You'll want to check to see if local laws allow that type of buisness.... think Gentelmens club or Adult book store... you can't put those just anywhere. Normally I would say you shouldn't have a problem but then again this is PA we are talking about here.

That being said I would start with the local township where you want to start this and then before you do anything else I would contact the distributor. Some distributors will have special rules of their own. Like proximity restrictions. You might not be allowed to be within X number of miles to Scotzin brothers ect...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg
Bookmark this Page!