Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-01-2010, 02:55 PM  
PA Transplant

Thomasville, PA
Wine making club

Hey I was just wondering if anybody on here knows of a local winemaking club or if anybody would be interested in starting one.

Old 12-02-2010, 06:57 PM  

Harrisburg, PA
I don't know of any in the area, I know they have a beer brewing club at Scotzin's (Scotzin Bros.), but I don't see anything about a wine club. I'd be interested in participating if there is one or if one gets started...

Old 12-03-2010, 12:30 PM  
PA Transplant

Thomasville, PA
OK I am going to try to get one together if there isn't already one. I might see if Mr Steves in York can sponser it. I have never been to Scotzin Bros. How is it? Do they have a bunch of wine making items? I am not into Beer.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:10 PM  

Harrisburg, PA
Yea, Scotzin Bros. has plenty of wine making stuff, that's were I got my starter kit and supplies. The problem there is they are only open on Wednesdays and Saturdays, so it makes it kind of hard to get to. And also, they don't take credit cards, so it never fails that I forget my checkbook and need to drive back home before making my purchase.

As for the club, count me in, I'm fairly new to wine making, and I'd love to take advantage of other people knowledge.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:35 PM  
PA Transplant

Thomasville, PA
Yes I am working on getting somthing together for the club and I need to find someone to host it. Then I need some ideas because I have never been in a club like that before but I think it would be fun to get together once a month and try out each others wines. If you are new to wine making what kinds of wine have you made and what are you interested in? Also have you checked out the winemakingtalk.com? It is an awesome page and it has lots of information.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:05 PM  

Harrisburg, PA
Hey TopSgt, still thinking about getting a club started?
Old 12-26-2010, 04:17 PM  

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
I frequent Scotzin Bros and may be interested in the wine making club. Let me know if one is started.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:07 PM  
PA Transplant

Thomasville, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by toronado13 View Post
Hey TopSgt, still thinking about getting a club started?
Yes I am I am talking to Mr Steve to see if he will host one at his store. He has a good room for it and it would work out great! I will post here when we get it going..
Old 12-28-2010, 02:34 PM  

Harrisburg, Pa
Im all about joining> Scotzins would be great. Maybe they can get talked into going modern
Old 01-15-2011, 06:39 PM  
PA Transplant

Thomasville, PA
Just to let everybody know Mr Steve's will be hosting a wine club starting next month. So if you are interested watch his webpage to see when the first meeting will be..

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.