Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Hawaii
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2010, 11:41 PM  

Little Canada, Minnesota
Boars/Boar hunting

So, one of my friends talked about how he and a roommate hunted boars, or something.

Another guy I know who lived in Hawaii says that my friend is full of, ah, crap, and that it's just not a thing.

I realize different islands have different animals (imported and otherwise) but I tend to believe both these people so one must be mistaken (if it's a mistake the latter opinion seems more likely since it's more able to be based off ignorance).

So, are there wild boars in sufficient population that they are hunted on the/a Hawaiian island/s?

Old 11-11-2010, 12:23 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
There's a lot of boar hunting on Oahu. Generally, it's done with knives and dogs.

There's rules and regulations for it, of course - although I don't know how many people actually follow them

There's even an association for it here on Oahu, and they hold an annual "Big Boar Hunt"

Hunting on Oahu - Hunting Tours and Hunting Regulations - Oahu Island

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-18-2010, 05:18 PM  

Kailua, Hawaii
Sweet, I was curious about this
Old 11-28-2010, 02:36 PM  

richmond, va
Have friend who is gunsmith over on Molokai- Mel Chung. Lot of hunting on Molokai, and yes, Hawaii has pigs. check with Mel- good guy, will steer you right. He's in Kaunakakai.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:22 PM  

My friend hunts up in the mountain by Kapolei for boar, always gets some sausages the week later and they are awesome.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:44 PM  

effingham, il
Hawaii also has turkey hunting. I believe the species is like the ocellated turkey that is found in Florida.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:45 PM  

i had a buddy who posted on craiglist that he would do free pig removal and it actually worked... jsut an idea i havent tried it yet but it sounds pretty sweet! let me know, i'd like to bag a good 100 lb pig

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Hawaii
Bookmark this Page!