Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Hawaii
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2010, 08:41 AM  

Fresno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Maui's a pretty fun island, too. If I had to pick between Oahu and Maui, I'd probably go to Oahu.

However, whichever island you decide to go to, you can fly to other islands for very cheap - it's called island hopping. They used to have ferries, too - but unfortunately those shut down!

I island hopped a few months back and I think it was around $50 to fly over to Maui and back - the two islands are right next to each other.
That sounds like the way to go!

Old 09-09-2010, 10:05 AM  

Bellevue
Quote:
Maui's a pretty fun island, too. If I had to pick between Oahu and Maui, I'd probably go to Oahu.

However, whichever island you decide to go to, you can fly to other islands for very cheap - it's called island hopping. They used to have ferries, too - but unfortunately those shut down!

I island hopped a few months back and I think it was around $50 to fly over to Maui and back - the two islands are right next to each other.
I did this on vacation a couple years ago! I would HIGHLY recommend it.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:32 AM  

Unless you are considered a "local" with kamaheina rates, I just checked prices for island hopping on Hawaiian Airlines. the price for a round trip ticket from Oahu to Molokai is $374 round trip, and from Oahu to Maui (Kapalua) is $322 round trip. Considering I just paid $352 for a round trip ticket from Los Angeles to Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines, these island hopping prices are pretty extreme!
Old 09-10-2010, 10:47 AM  

Fresno
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Unless you are considered a "local" with kamaheina rates, I just checked prices for island hopping on Hawaiian Airlines. the price for a round trip ticket from Oahu to Molokai is $374 round trip, and from Oahu to Maui (Kapalua) is $322 round trip. Considering I just paid $352 for a round trip ticket from Los Angeles to Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines, these island hopping prices are pretty extreme!
$50 I can do, $322 on the other hand... lol
Old 09-10-2010, 08:42 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post

Whoaaaaaa where are you getting this from? I know people who do this regularly for weekend getaways. In fact, I just mocked up a trip from January-February to Maui and back, and it was about $60 one way. Obviously, rates are going to go up if you try and book a trip for tomorrow, but other than that, it's very cheap.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-10-2010, 11:36 PM  

Those were direct quotes from Hawaiian Airlines. Of course, they know I live on the mainland, therefore do not qualify for the Kamaheina (local's discount) rates. When I was at my sister's house at Sunset Beach, Oahu in April, she needed to fly to Maui and with her Kamaheina rates, the best fare possible was $83 each way.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:20 AM  

Fresno
Have you looked at this website?

FareSpotter.net - Compare Cheap Hawaii Flights & Airfare Deals!
Old 09-16-2010, 01:53 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
That's an outstanding site and no I don't think I've ever seen it...

If you do end up coming out here, it's definitely looking like if you buy your tickets at least a few months out, you'll save yourself boatloads of money. Of course, I guess it's always like that with flying.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:00 AM  

Fresno
Quote:
That's an outstanding site and no I don't think I've ever seen it...

If you do end up coming out here, it's definitely looking like if you buy your tickets at least a few months out, you'll save yourself boatloads of money. Of course, I guess it's always like that with flying.

Definitely would do so, our trip wouldn't be until the Spring anyhow. Do you guys know of any good restaurants or hotels out there? Pretty sure we have settled on making the trip to Hawaii at this point lol.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:52 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Well, there's good restaurants all over the island. Some of my favorites are on North Shore, which is probably about half hour drive from Honolulu/Waikiki.

I have to say I'm not super experienced with the hotels around here, as I do live here. I'll have to let someone else chime in on good hotels (havasu!), or you could use a website that rates the hotels based on their service, amenities, etc.

How long are you guys planning on staying?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Hawaii
Bookmark this Page!