Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Hawaii
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-22-2010, 10:31 AM  

Fresno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Well, there's good restaurants all over the island. Some of my favorites are on North Shore, which is probably about half hour drive from Honolulu/Waikiki.

I have to say I'm not super experienced with the hotels around here, as I do live here. I'll have to let someone else chime in on good hotels (havasu!), or you could use a website that rates the hotels based on their service, amenities, etc.

How long are you guys planning on staying?
Yes, hotels.com has always worked fairly well for my travel experiences. I think we will probably come down for 5 days, I hope that should be enough time to get the island experience we want!

Old 09-22-2010, 11:00 AM  

Hotels in (Oahu) Hawaii come in all sizes, price ranges and various locations, so it would be hard to guide you to the best one. I have stayed at quite a few hotels, and some were horrible.

Two of my most memorable stays were in Waikiki, at the Waikiki Mariott (Waikiki Hotels, Hawaii Resorts, Accommodations & Reservations - Waikiki Beach Marriott & Spa) which is across the street from the beach, and within walking distance to most of the sites in Waikiki. Great rooms, lots to do, great for night life, great bars, etc. Prices range from $150-$300 per night.

The other hotel is the Turtle Bay Resort (Hawaii Resorts: Turtle Bay Resort North Shore Oahu Hawaii HI Luxury Family Vacations Hotels Rooms Suites Golf Spas Packages Romantic Getaways Travel Weddings Meetings Events Horseback Riding Stables), located on the North Shore of Oahu. A car is a must, but gets expensive unless you book on line or call the hotel directly. This hotel has great amenities, great beaches, great pools, and great bars, but will run you between $200-$500 a night.

Next month, I will be trying The New Otani Hotel (New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel with Hau Tree Lanai and Miyako Restaurant) which is going to cost us $120 for a non-ocean view, and $200 for an ocean view room. I hear the rooms are real nice and clean, but are very small. The restaurant is suppose to be great, but is a bit of a walk to the nightlife of Waikiki. Since this is for a local wedding, I had no choice, but it should be a fun trip.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:30 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
GossipGirl, I honestly think that you'll have a good time no matter where you stay - especially it being your first time coming to the islands.

Are you looking moreso to experience the nightlife, or just all the attractions during the day? Because you might focus your hotel search on different areas, depending on what exactly you're looking for...

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-22-2010, 01:50 PM  

^ This is some good advice. I'll tell you another secret...most of the hotels charge you an additional ~$15-$25 per night just for the privilege to park at their facility. This is something the hotels will not advertise, and will come as a shock when you get an additional bill for parking!

Caveat emptor!
Old 09-23-2010, 09:03 AM  

Fresno
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
^ This is some good advice. I'll tell you another secret...most of the hotels charge you an additional ~$15-$25 per night just for the privilege to park at their facility. This is something the hotels will not advertise, and will come as a shock when you get an additional bill for parking!

Caveat emptor!

Buyer beware is right! It sounds like I'm in for an eventful trip. Thankfully, we are all splitting the bills so that allows us more options. The horseback riding really caught my interest.

We are going to try to do more day-time activities, nightlight we may focus on one night but the beach during the day is too much to pass up on!

Do you know how much extra the package was that included horseback riding? I could always call up there, but you have been so helpful in guiding me thus far, why not ask?
Old 09-23-2010, 09:15 AM  

Yes, Turtle Bay Resort does have horse stables and taking a horse for a stroll on the beach is second to none. The prices vary greatly, depending on guided or non-guided trips, and length of time. The stables are open to anyone, meaning you don't need to be guest to rent the horses, but you will save money as a guest. I would recommend giving them a call and ask for prices which fit your needs.

Just around the corner from the stables is the champonship golf course, which has a great restaurant called "Lei-Lei's". This is also a must when you visit the North Shore.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:17 AM  

Fresno
Quote:
Yes, Turtle Bay Resort does have horse stables and taking a horse for a stroll on the beach is second to none. The prices vary greatly, depending on guided or non-guided trips, and length of time. The stables are open to anyone, meaning you don't need to be guest to rent the horses, but you will save money as a guest. I would recommend giving them a call and ask for prices which fit your needs.

Just around the corner from the stables is the champonship golf course, which has a great restaurant called "Lei-Lei's". This is also a must when you visit the North Shore.
Wow, I will definitely have to try that out! I've always loved horse back riding.
What kind of food does Lei-lei's have??
Old 09-28-2010, 09:37 AM  

Turtle Bay Resort dining

Here is their lunch and dinner menu.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:34 AM  

Fresno
Quote:
Turtle Bay Resort dining

Here is their lunch and dinner menu.
I just glanced at the lunch menu, I don't know if I'll be able to pick just one thing to order! Good thing I'm going with a bunch of girls, we can all get something different and share, hope they're down! The food looks awesome.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:43 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
As it will be --

Hope your trip goes well - let us know if you've more questions. I'm pretty sure that Havasu is coming out here pretty soon, too!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Hawaii
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.