Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Hawaii
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-12-2011, 11:42 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipGirl21 View Post
Well, we still have a while (we aren't coming until late May/ early June) but I would most definitely say we will be coming to Hawaii

May and June in Hawaii would be near PERFECT weather to visit Hawaii! As it will end our rainy season.

I am an islander 99% of my life, and I offer one warning. Hawaii is EXPENSIVE! There are car rentals here, but you should do a lot of research as to WHO has the lowest cost rentals, and gas here... is about $3.56 per gallon (and still slowly rising! ) in Honolulu, and $4.25 on Molokai!!!

Bus fare one way, is $2.50, but you CAN ask for trasfer, and that can carry you from one bus to an other.

Another place to ride horses is Kualoa Ranch on Oahu, and it is on the other side of the mountain that separates Honolulu from Kaneohe. You will be treated with a picturesque view of the other side of the Koolau Mountains. IF you all decide to rent a car, a drive through any of our three tunnels will give you different views of our mountain scapes! And my favorite is the drive through the Wilson Tunnel. I am SURE you will all fall in love with the Windward side of Oahu!

Of course, there is Waikiki Beach! May and June will be less crouded than August, when folks from Japan, Korea, and of course, Mainland USA starts vacationing here with their children on their summer break.

Five to six days will really run by quickly here in Hawaii! Even we are a group of islands, there ARE many things to see and do! Four major islands, and sadly, NO ferry system because of silly protestors who destroyed our island economy, and plane fare, that you have to resort to propeller planes for the lowest cost between the islands.

And here is a tip. When SHOPPING for clothing and such, stay OUT of Waikiki! Go to Ala Moana Shopping Center or other shopping malls outside of Waikiki! And that includes restraunts! You can save a few dollars by doing so! Waikiki IS expensive, and ... well except ABC Stores. You can get a few low-cost snacks at ABC stores located almost every block within Waikiki!

RESEARCH every hotel you can, and cost of car rentals! And all I can provide for you are..... pictures and minor information "on top of my head"

Here are a few photos to start your vacation!
Coming to Hawaii for Senior Trip-img_0899.jpg 

Coming to Hawaii for Senior Trip-img_5459.jpg 

Coming to Hawaii for Senior Trip-img_0953.jpg 

Coming to Hawaii for Senior Trip-img_0907.jpg 

Coming to Hawaii for Senior Trip-img_5519.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Hawaii
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads