Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Hawaii
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2010, 03:54 AM  
Yeah It's Me

Honolulu, Hawaii
Oahu for nightlife, Kauai for nature, Maui for a bit of city and a bit of nature and quite a lot of hippies, Hawaii for volcanoes, Molokai for really good bread but not much else unless you are a rated hang glider pilot.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:50 PM  

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCoolea View Post
My wife and I have been doing research into going on a vacation in Hawaii next year.

Would love to get some feedback on what islands offer what and where to stay away from.

Avoid Oahu unless you like crowds and big cities. You can easily spend a week or two each on Maui and The Big Island.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:31 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhuntr View Post
Avoid Oahu unless you like crowds and big cities. You can easily spend a week or two each on Maui and The Big Island.
Oahu is definitely the most crowded. I live here, and there's a lott of people. However, if you do come here, get in contact with me and I can show you some beaches that tourists don't really frequent. My fam and I usually go to one up on the western North Shore at least once a week - we went today and it was just us and a few local surfers - not a fanny pack in sight!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-02-2010, 08:35 AM  
Looks at dirty Jeep pics

Tucson, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I don't know where you went on Oahu, but it's certainly nothing like Arizona! I can drive 20 minutes in pretty much any direction and be at a beach, or hiking in the mountains in the fog!

Oh and upland I like your signature haha. I'm a Jeep guy, and just finished an XJ build. I swear I paid just as much for shipping as I did for parts!
You've never been to Phoenix, have you?
Old 11-02-2010, 06:35 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
As a Islander, here is my suggestion.

For shopping: Oahu. Ala Moana Shopping Center, and Pearl Kai Shopping Mall, and something peaceful and different, would be the Windward Mall.

To get away from it all: Kauai or Maui. Very peaceful, people there are nicer and more friendlier than us Oahuans. Honolulu is crowded and noisy, but for the shopping experience, you cannot beat Oahu. Well, maybe Maui's Kaahumanu Shopping Mall.

For awesome, once in your lifetime experience. The BIG island of Hawaii. The volcano eruption, the tallest dormant volcanos in the world Mouna Loa and Mauna Kea is something to behold! And Maui has Haleakala with its visually dynamic Haleakala Volcano Mountain and its RARE Silver Sword cactus (grows ONLY on Haleakala on this entire world). If you come in the winter, you could experience snow, ice, freezing cold weather, and sunny beach all in ONE day!
Old 11-18-2010, 05:16 AM  

Greenfield, Indiana
I go to Oahu when ever I go but the one trick I figured out is vrbo.com we always rent a house in Kailua on the east coast and stay away from the tourist hotels, you can get beach front housing for the same or less than you pay for a crowded hotel and the people are a lot friendlier on the windward side! Needless to say I am looking forward to going back! We will be there December 4th!!! cant wait!!!!
Old 11-18-2010, 12:14 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Spinner, I'm very jealous of your Jeep. Just sayin.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:41 PM  

sainte-madeleine, Qu?bec
man you make me dreaming!!
Old 11-19-2010, 01:34 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMcGuireXJ View Post
You've never been to Phoenix, have you?
I have, a few times. Is there oceans and beaches I missed?

Old 11-19-2010, 11:35 AM  

Greenfield, Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Spinner, I'm very jealous of your Jeep. Just sayin.
Wish I could bring it with me next month!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Hawaii
Bookmark this Page!