Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Hawaii
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-02-2010, 01:36 PM  

Albany, New York
Head up to the Gazebo Restaurant - North West Maui. AWESOME breakfast. best pancakes i ever had! get their early...its a long wait.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:09 PM  

Keene, New Hampshire
cage shark dives on the North Shore
scuba on Molikini crater, Maui
Scuba in the lave tubes North Shore

Old 12-10-2010, 03:02 PM  

NH
I'd have to say:

#1 - Whatever you do, GET OUT OF THE CITY. Waikiki is great, but you can see cool cities anywhere.....it's the rest of the island that is a unique experience!

#2 - Get in the water with some critters. First timer or nervous? Go to Hana'uma Bay. More adventurous? Go to nearly ANY protected bay or cove (Shark's Cove near Waimea is a great locale for a less-crowded explore).

#3 - If you have kids with you, focus on the truly memorable (i.e. skip the zoo, water park, shopping, etc.) - the Polynesian Cultural Center, the Dole Plantation, Hana'uma Bay, etc. My clearest two memories of my first visit to the islands as a kid are (1) climbing around in huge banyan trees and (2) seeing active lava in person.

#4 - If you enjoy shopping, but aren't looking for the mall and designer stores (i.e. you prefer the International Marketplace), be sure to visit the regular "flea market" at the Aloha Stadium - great deals, great selection of lower-cost items, great people-watching, and even better conversations....

#5 - Visit the wild and feel the spirit of the islands. It doesn't matter if you're in the rainforest on Tantalus Drive, in the pass at Nua Pali, the dry scrub of the leeward coasts, or the barren moonscape of the lava fields - THIS is what the islands are. If you spend your whole visit in the city, on the beach, and in the tourist attractions, you really owe it to yourself to take an afternoon to visit one of the botanical gardens or go for a hike. The mana of Hawai'i will return your appreciation.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:40 PM  

Ocean View
Bodysurf anywhere theres waves, kick back and watch the sunset, girl watch on any beach
Old 12-15-2010, 07:41 PM  

Ocean View
Meet the locals
Old 12-15-2010, 09:03 PM  

St Robert, MO
Book a sunset trip on the Mai Tai catamaran. It launches from the beach in Waikiki but it's a great trip and really cheap. $35 or $25 for military. And it's all you can drink Mai Tais! I lost count of how many times we did it but it was close to a dozen in 2 years.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:23 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newahla View Post
Bodysurf anywhere theres waves, kick back and watch the sunset, girl watch on any beach
Absolutely! Man I wish my wife was into the girl watching thing as much as I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTJeep View Post
Book a sunset trip on the Mai Tai catamaran. It launches from the beach in Waikiki but it's a great trip and really cheap. $35 or $25 for military. And it's all you can drink Mai Tais! I lost count of how many times we did it but it was close to a dozen in 2 years.
A bunch of single Marines and Sailors that I know go on those things quite often! You just can't beat all-you-can-drink for a few hours - amazing!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-17-2010, 07:54 PM  

Ocean View
Nice pixs you guys. Makes you wanna go to the shore and get shave ice before the line gets long. That sign got stolen twice! Some surfer dude has it hanging in his garage back on the mainland I bet.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Hawaii
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.