Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Hawaii
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-01-2010, 08:11 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Rainy seasons on the islands?

Ahhh the rainy season is upon us here on Oahu!

I was just curious how the winter/rainy season is on the other islands - particularly on the big island!

Around here, it just sprinkles quite a bit - never really downpours, but we can go days on end with some misting and intermittent sprinkles.

So what are your rainy seasons like?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-10-2010, 11:26 PM  
BentFrame 4X4.com

Pepeekeo, HI
This month until Feb. is our rainy season. Been getting heavy day time showers the last week or so. Still not our usual amount though, the island is still under drought conditions.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:27 AM  

Greenfield, Indiana
I am heading to Oahu in 16 days so hopefully it will get it out of system by then!!!
Old 11-24-2010, 02:47 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Living on Oahu most of my life, the rainy season USUALLY starts in late October, and last through mid-January. BUT! We had a drough that so far, hasn't let up, eventhough we had a wet summer in 2009. So far, we had some sprinkles now in November. We are SUPPOSE to have the heavier showers around mid December till early January. But now it seems our weather system has been screwed up for the past three years. "Global warming". I doupt it, but who knows?

But SO FAR, we can enjoy Christmas and New Years on the BEACH, if it is not raining!

I attached two photos taken last year (2009) on Christmas Eve to show someone in Great Britain, which was snowing.....
Rainy seasons on the islands?-christmas-eve-diamondhead.jpg 

Rainy seasons on the islands?-christmas-eve-hawaii.jpg 

Old 11-28-2010, 02:01 PM  

Kansas City, Mo
I grew up in Hilo and its pretty much rains everyday.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Hawaii
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.