I am sitting here after a 7 mi hike in the desert. I drank some ice water and relaxed. My wife brings over a bowl of cherries and I started eating them by the AC. All of a sudden "gulp" down went a seed
That ain't gonna hurt nothin is it?
(hey, least I didn't eat the stem too, and part of the bowl is left too)
In fact, if you eat enough apple seeds or cherry pits, you could die. Apple seeds contain cyanogenic acids. Cherry pits, and seeds from related fruits, including peaches, plums, almonds, pears, and apricots, contain cyanogenic glycosides. Your body can detoxify small quantities of cyanide compounds. If you accidentally eat a cherry pit in a pie or swallow an apple seed or two, you'll be fine. Actually, if you swallow several seeds whole, you would absorb a minimal amount of the toxic compounds. Chewing the seeds makes them much more hazardous to your health. Children and pets are much more likely to suffer poisoning from eating the seeds than adults.
One or two swallowed should be fine. If you decided to grind them up before consuming them, then maybe you would have a problem.