Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-22-2010, 09:10 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
haha, don't ask my wife about them, she a physical therapist. apparently they dont get along very well...

Old 09-22-2010, 09:11 PM  
Supporting Member

Yakima, Washington
When I was in the navy, I was sent to one 3 times a week for a few months. I had some trouble while out to sea and they made me go. However, after those 3 months, my back was better than it had been in a long time.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:55 PM  

Newport News, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Insurance cover it or did you have to pay out of pocket?
I paid out of pocket. Some insurance companies won't cover it. My issues was a trust thing. GF has been seeing him for years and IF my primary care giver even considered sending me somewhere i doubt it would be him. Plus GF paid for first two visits. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
How much was a visit or can you give some idea of pricing.
$50 for the first visit, paperwork and all that crap plus alignment (thats what they call it)
$30 after that. It really is a hella margin for < 10 minutes on the table.

It is not for everyone. It helped me and I would do it again. Like I said, my back starts keeping me awake at night and I swing by. No appt needed, just pop in and he takes care of it.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:43 AM  

kernersville, nc
i don't think it's bad.

if you look it up though and see what it is really about....it's a crock!

just as far as alignments go, that's fine and works ok. My back and neck actually hurt WORSE than before.
also, my wife went and it made her symptoms worse.
thirdly, a friend of mine was going to a chiropractor because of back pain. he bagan to get worse, and then he went to a "real doctor". turned out he had 2 bulged dics and one ruptured, the chiropractor was NOT helping this (quite the opposite).

they are not for everyone, and as usual there are a lot of opinions on the topic. as for me, i'm not going to waste my money.
if it works for you, then I'm not going to knock it!
Old 09-24-2010, 08:31 AM  

NY, NY
My wife threw her lower back out years ago and went to a Chiropractor a friend recommended. After one visit she was almost pain free. It took about a month before it was better with no pain meds at all.
I told him I suffered from extremely bad headaches for years that doctors couldn't figure out. He checked my neck and said it was all out of alignment and the muscles were all tensed up. Less than a month later with 1 treatment a week and the headaches were almost gone and I did not realize how much head movement I had lost. Yes, I think Chiropractors are pretty durn good!
Old 09-25-2010, 11:28 AM  
Poison Idea

I went for a while after I messed my back up a couple years ago and it kinda helped, but there was a lot of homeopathic type crap I didn't buy into. Still seems like a massage from a masseuse would have been just as helpful.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:07 AM  

Reno, Nevada
I have had pretty severe back pain off and on for the last 8 years, and my chiropractor is amazing. There is no cracking or popping, something he calls a joint fart. He does an alignment, that envolves a weird table that he stands up and then you step up to it and he lays you down. He makes several adjustments based on how hard it is for you to lift each leg, and the hight to which you can lift your leg. I saw a Physician for my back pain and all I got was pain killers and muscle relaxers, all they did was gork me out and make me unable to function. I whole heartedly believe in my chiropractor. There were times I was hardly able to walk into his office, and in tears over the pain, and wehn I left I would feel so much better. It is also imperative to stretch, and work on your core muscles, otherwise you just fall back out of place! Sorry for being long winded! Just like anything else there are quacks, but there are good ones out there!!
Old 10-11-2010, 11:13 AM  

Greene County, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcache View Post
haha, don't ask my wife about them, she a physical therapist. apparently they dont get along very well...
Very true, PTs like chiropractors as much as chiropractors like regular doctors.

A PT can teach you how to correct certain things that a chiro will have you keep coming back for. But just like anything else, certain types of doctors are good for certain things.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:22 AM  

On a side note, I enjoy the way Jon Cryer from "Two and a Half Men" continually gets dogged for being a chiropractor. That's a hoot!
Old 10-12-2010, 01:32 PM  

Tazewell, VA
Just like others have noted it may or may not work for you. It works for me and has worked for my wife however my mother said it never helped her so.........try it if you don't like go to your family doc. My back went out last year I couldn't move I could only get comfortable with my head and shoulders on my recliner and knees on the floor, I went to my family doc and he prescibed anti-inflamitory meds which didn't help so I gave the Chiro a try and after the first visit I could tell a major difference....walking also really really helped.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads