Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2011, 03:09 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
Baking bread? flour? WHITE processed flour? turns to nasty sugar and KILLS people. Huge difference between veggie oil shortening and animal fat lard and the ill health effects they bring. Bread uses sugar, butter and possibly oils. IF (and that's a BIG if) sugar is used in my bread, it comes from local honey, not processed sugars. The splenda is safe to cook with, and certainly safer than processed sugars. Diabetes is like heat stress and pnumonia, once you get it, you're apt to get it again.
Diabetes 2 is controllable through diet but I won't hold my breath waiting for diabetics to switch to Jenny Craig.

I never eat white bread....NEVER! I want to try making my own because I can't but decent rye or black rye locally. Wonderbread is not food, it's soft paper marketed as food. Tastes like paper and may not rot for 1000 years from all the preservatives.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:08 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
Diabetes 2 is controllable through diet but I won't hold my breath waiting for diabetics to switch to Jenny Craig.

I never eat white bread....NEVER! I want to try making my own because I can't but decent rye or black rye locally. Wonderbread is not food, it's soft paper marketed as food. Tastes like paper and may not rot for 1000 years from all the preservatives.
YES, my diabetes is controled by lifestyle. diet/excersise is key with heavy emphissis on the "get yur fat can up off the couch and excercise"
I walk 5 to 10 miles per day, 250 sit ups, 150 push ups. etc.etc.

I never eat white bread either. Have you ever tried oat-bread? that's pretty tasty.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:09 AM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood

YES, my diabetes is controled by lifestyle. diet/excersise is key with heavy emphissis on the "get yur fat can up off the couch and excercise"

I never eat white bread either. Have you ever tried oat-bread? that's pretty tasty.
I'm impressed Sir! Keep at it. A long and full life to you.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:52 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post

wow! very impressive.

Which type do you have? If I recall you're a skinny old lizard so that doesn't sound like type 2.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:49 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
wow! very impressive.

Which type do you have? If I recall you're a skinny old lizard so that doesn't sound like type 2.
Type II, I should have said I HAD, it no longer is with me and I will do what I have to do to keep it that way. I dropped bookoo tonage couple yrs back. Right now I am steady 165-175 before I was 220-230. Cholestrol is back in black too. I dropped BP meds now (of coarse, closely monitored with doc) and am holding that now too. last check was 111/72.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:29 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR

Quote:
Right now I am steady 165-175 before I was 220-230. Cholestrol is back in black too. I dropped BP meds now (of coarse, closely monitored with doc) and am holding that now too. last check was 111/72.
Thats frickin TERRIFIC!!! I'm right about there myself and intend keeping it that way.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:31 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood

Type II, I should have said I HAD, it no longer is with me and I will do what I have to do to keep it that way. I dropped bookoo tonage couple yrs back. Right now I am steady 165-175 before I was 220-230. Cholestrol is back in black too. I dropped BP meds now (of coarse, closely monitored with doc) and am holding that now too. last check was 111/72.
How old are you? I'm 58, exercise, stay fit and still take 2 meds for my BP, HCTZ and Atenolol. Dropped my cholesterol meds also and weigh 200, 6ft.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:25 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR

Quote:
How old are you? I'm 58, exercise, stay fit and still take 2 meds for my BP, HCTZ and Atenolol. Dropped my cholesterol meds also and weigh 200, 6ft.
How old is dry dirt?

I never had diabetes but my drinking caused so hypoglycemia and issues with glycogen storage in muscles. I'm 66.5, no meds except over the counter allergy pills. Weight is 165 at a shrinking 5'9".
The attachment is the bloodwork from a 2010 cancer Op.
Couple cookies couldn't hurt.........-img005.jpg 

Old 10-09-2011, 05:37 PM  

I've never heard of someone referring to being 66.5 years old. Leave it to a MENSA member for that!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Bookmark this Page!