Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2010, 03:20 PM  
Looks at dirty Jeep pics

Tucson, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
If you are going to be in bed, no point in suffering, might as well knock yourself out.

I'm a fan of herbalism, I have a stomach issue that peppermint does wonders for, but Homeopathy is horrible and should be avoided. It's terrible that people can still sell snake oil and get away with it. The majority of Asian medicine is herbalism, what discipline was your witch Dr?
No clue about the witch doctor. Like I said, I need to be functional...which I sort of can be on Percs...when they do work. I am just about brainless, though. I am on-call 24 hrs, so i need to at least be coherant enough to talk on the phone. I'm a heavy sleeper in the first place!

I try to eat and live as healthy as I can afford to.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:40 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMcGuireXJ View Post
No clue about the witch doctor. Like I said, I need to be functional...which I sort of can be on Percs...when they do work. I am just about brainless, though. I am on-call 24 hrs, so i need to at least be coherant enough to talk on the phone. I'm a heavy sleeper in the first place!

I try to eat and live as healthy as I can afford to.
Percs meaning percacet? That stuff lays me out.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:36 PM  
Looks at dirty Jeep pics

Tucson, Arizona
Yes, percocet. I'd rather not take it, but I called for another refill today. I thought I had beat the evil by not getting any sleep the other night and then sleeping like dead the next night, but it came back today. WITH A VENGEANCE!

I almost blew up at somebody who commented on my slightly-crooked parking job...

I can still function on this junk, but my brain is just GONE with the initial dose. So no power tools for me. Stuff makes me giggley, and does something else my wife enjoys...
Old 12-14-2010, 01:41 PM  

Seattle, WA
There are well over a dozen reasons for migraines or such headaches, here's a few.

1) Chiropractic
2) Food / Allergy Triggers, sensitivity
3) Underlying medical condition in the head, jaw, eyes, neck, ears and even teeth (have you ever had a root canal, when's the last time you went to a dentist)?
4) Underlying digestive / liver problems which does tie in with #2 above but isn't always apparent. To which I add underlying issues with evacuating the colon regularly. If it isn't regularly then you could be auto-intoxicating yourself which recirculates toxins throughout your body, liver and into your brain.
5) Mental stress
6) Food additives, MSG (which is a big one for people and comes camouflaged under about 30 different names).

Not my head so I can't tell. But I'd first cut out MSG. Maybe get some allergy testing for different foods, see a chiro if you got any pain or discomfort on your back, neck. Do a liver and blood detox if you haven't. Get rid of stress in your life. People commonly get more stressed around the holidays, combined with overindulgence of alcohol or sugar and eating heavy meats, lacking enzymes to digest properly, feeling crappy later, doing a double whammy on the pancreas and liver ... all these factors can give one chronic headaches or migraines. All things to consider.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:38 AM  
AMSOIL Indepdent Dealer

Woodstock, CT
I have to agree with ThePhotographer. I have had migraine headaches every since I was a young kid. Stress was a big contributing factor along with my diet and my back/neck. After years of trying different methods of reliving myself of these pains, I now regularly go to my chiropractor for realignments. Personally, working out and eating clean has shown huge improvements in the headache department. I suppose it’s not that big of a shock the more healthy food I eat and more physical activity I get, the better I feel.
Other things that help me is spending time in a hot shower, distracting myself with something much more involved so as to not be focused on my migraine when it starts, i.e. it relaxes me mentally, getting a head massage also helps. I’m sure you have heard and done most if not all things I just stated, seems like we all try any possible way to get them to go away. Just my .02. Good luck.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:48 PM  
Looks at dirty Jeep pics

Tucson, Arizona
Yep - been there, done that.

1.) Chiro - Does nothing for migraines, or maybe just not the right cause at the right time. I used to train for powerlifting, and was told to stop until neurology consulted my issues. Nothing popped up so far, but I no longer care to lift heavy things just to put them back down.

2.) Food triggers - I think I have some sort of sensitivity to fungus, much like uric acid hit gout sufferers. (No, I do not have/never had gout contrary to the belief of some "pros.") I try to eat as clean as possible to avoid false positives and remove any doubt. Like I mentioned before, good chocolate helps to counteract headaches (for me, anyway).

3.) I just got a periodontal cleaning, and yes I have trouble keeping my mouth open that wide for that long. Luckily, my hygenist is such a sweetheart! And the whole night grinding idea kept me waking up a couple of nights (THANKS Keith, BTW! Geez.) to make sure, because it did make sense. Sunflower seeds I've found are a good way to get a headache with all the misaligned cracking, and SODIUM, but different type of headache. Had scans, was on STROKE WATCH for a while, and could have possibly had a seizure back when these started getting really bad. Everything was normal, aside from my cholesterol and triglycerides, and that was the meds affecting me there.

4.) No real problems, aside from the effects of the meds. Almost had to have my gallbladder removed because of the meds...stoped all meds - better than ever!!! Although, I do think "#2" (pun intended) could be a big trigger, considering constipation can cause all sorts of problems. Clean diet = usually regular.

5.) I used to be BIG TIME into meditation and abbreviated yoga practices. I still do some of the exercises, even in the shower. I have naturally low blood pressure. I have a stress-free job (most of the time) and I am usually a good problem solver. I tend to not dwell, or worry. I have a great wife who puts up with me, and I take care of her with the utmost respect. I try to be as helpful as I can, and patient where others won't even give their time. I make sure to not let anybody walk all over me, or those I care about. I've calmed my Irish temper way down with these practices. I walk a lot, and I walk more if there's something I need to figure out.

6.) MSG is bad, bad, bad, as well as sorbitol and phylketonurics. I rarely eat junk food, and "processed" is a term that I see could be thrown anywhere. I studied Dietetics and am well-aware of the toxic waste millions of people put into their bodies without realizing it.

With the mind, the body follows. And the body (chemistry) helps the mind.

Lots of smart and aware people here! I kinda hate taking a "Dr. House" approach, but I need those missing pieces to the puzzle that may just be right there in front of me. Since there is no miracle drug, I will continue this search.

Keep the suggestions coming! Thank You.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:36 PM  

Seattle, WA
Quote:
Yep - been there, done that.

1.) Chiro - Does nothing for migraines, or maybe just not the right cause at the right time. I used to train for powerlifting, and was told to stop until neurology consulted my issues. Nothing popped up so far, but I no longer care to lift heavy things just to put them back down.

2.) Food triggers - I think I have some sort of sensitivity to fungus, much like uric acid hit gout sufferers. (No, I do not have/never had gout contrary to the belief of some "pros.") I try to eat as clean as possible to avoid false positives and remove any doubt. Like I mentioned before, good chocolate helps to counteract headaches (for me, anyway).

3.) I just got a periodontal cleaning, and yes I have trouble keeping my mouth open that wide for that long. Luckily, my hygenist is such a sweetheart! And the whole night grinding idea kept me waking up a couple of nights (THANKS Keith, BTW! Geez.) to make sure, because it did make sense. Sunflower seeds I've found are a good way to get a headache with all the misaligned cracking, and SODIUM, but different type of headache. Had scans, was on STROKE WATCH for a while, and could have possibly had a seizure back when these started getting really bad. Everything was normal, aside from my cholesterol and triglycerides, and that was the meds affecting me there.

4.) No real problems, aside from the effects of the meds. Almost had to have my gallbladder removed because of the meds...stoped all meds - better than ever!!! Although, I do think "#2" (pun intended) could be a big trigger, considering constipation can cause all sorts of problems. Clean diet = usually regular.

5.) I used to be BIG TIME into meditation and abbreviated yoga practices. I still do some of the exercises, even in the shower. I have naturally low blood pressure. I have a stress-free job (most of the time) and I am usually a good problem solver. I tend to not dwell, or worry. I have a great wife who puts up with me, and I take care of her with the utmost respect. I try to be as helpful as I can, and patient where others won't even give their time. I make sure to not let anybody walk all over me, or those I care about. I've calmed my Irish temper way down with these practices. I walk a lot, and I walk more if there's something I need to figure out.

6.) MSG is bad, bad, bad, as well as sorbitol and phylketonurics. I rarely eat junk food, and "processed" is a term that I see could be thrown anywhere. I studied Dietetics and am well-aware of the toxic waste millions of people put into their bodies without realizing it.

With the mind, the body follows. And the body (chemistry) helps the mind.

Lots of smart and aware people here! I kinda hate taking a "Dr. House" approach, but I need those missing pieces to the puzzle that may just be right there in front of me. Since there is no miracle drug, I will continue this search.

Keep the suggestions coming! Thank You.
The meds btw did a number on your liver and naturally did a number on your digestive system. This EASILY could cause migraines. Your liver cleans your blood (along with a ton of other functions), the gallbladder is the storage for bile made by the liver. Your gallbladder was yelling. But your liver was the problem. You should do two things which could handle things but which is definitely a step in the correct direction or at least back to ground zero.

1) Take good probiotics AND prebiotics daily. 2) Do a good liver cleanse.

Fungus. Candida can present in many different ways including headaches and can take hold when one digestive/liver functions have been suppressed and not kept the naturally occurring and always present candida in check. In fact I discovered that candida can inhabit any organ in the body - this is when it has become systemic. Cleaning the liver, pro/prebiotics and clean diet - ie, no sugar or white flours, etc. for several months can put it back into check.

Just more thoughts based on your reply.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:34 PM  
Looks at dirty Jeep pics

Tucson, Arizona
Good catch! I was on a no white sugar and no gluten diet for a while. Boy, that was hard to do! I'm about due for another detox, but may not need one after all the fluids I've been pushing. My liver levels have been back to normal for 8 months. Yay antioxidants!

I've been down the past few days with a sinus/chest cold that I blame on mold. Sort of a theory on Valley Fever (Coccidioidomycosis). It never goes away - I don't care to argue about it. I've been going to the construction site again, working in a new basement this time. I wore a N95 mask while up top when the winds were kicking up and after the headaches started again, but didn't think about wearing it underground. I was really tired all the time for no particular reason too. I'm much better now, aside from a sneaky cough and a few body aches. The migraine has taken a break too, for now...

My theory about barometric pressure is still holding, even though my data is flawed with the difference in sea level (OOOPS!). I felt way better after it rained on Thursday 12/16, aside from the sinus junk. I've been staying away from mushrooms and soy products (forgot to mention those - another theory involving hormones, mainly male production of estrogen and imbalances).

Maybe it's all just in my head?
Old 12-18-2010, 08:53 PM  
Looks at dirty Jeep pics

Tucson, Arizona
OH! Speaking of digestive system...

I was a guinea pig in a drug study a while back. I was having trouble with what I thought was acid reflux. It turned out to be a condition that has no name, as far as I know, but similar to G.E.R.D. I've been taking Lansoprazol for it even before it was FDA approved. I asked numerous medical professionals if Prevacid had any connections to migraines and cluster headaches, and the answer was always "No."

I think that was when I started getting them worse and more frequent, and I was in the best health and shape of my life.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:54 AM  

Seattle, WA
Quote:
OH! Speaking of digestive system...

I was a guinea pig in a drug study a while back. I was having trouble with what I thought was acid reflux. It turned out to be a condition that has no name, as far as I know, but similar to G.E.R.D. I've been taking Lansoprazol for it even before it was FDA approved. I asked numerous medical professionals if Prevacid had any connections to migraines and cluster headaches, and the answer was always "No."

I think that was when I started getting them worse and more frequent, and I was in the best health and shape of my life.
Drug companies and traditional doctors are responsible for more deaths a year than in every war since ... I dunno, before WW1. I think you can google this statistic. The short and skinny about medical drugs, nitrite preservative, antibiotics given to you or the animals you eat and other unnatural things in food, including chlorine in water is that they destroy friendly flora in your intestinal tract. So everytime you engage on destroying it, it gets weaker. 70% of your immune system is in your intestinal tract. Current man's diet does nothing to replenish this flora because the FDA requires you to eat enzyme dead or irradiated foods. Some things which help restore are probiotics, unpasteurized kefir, yogurt, raw unpasteurized sauerkraut, kombucha (which also helps the liver detox with glucauronic acid), unpasteurized organic beer (in moderation because excess alcohol will counter the good effects).

So naturally you break down 70% of your defense by consuming the things that destroy it - simple cause and effect. This can lead to overwork in the liver, kidneys, etc. Couple that with the air you breath, the natural molds you come into contact with, the people who sneeze on you daily and then you see that your body's immune system has to work overtime just to keep up. Plus, not saying this about you because I don't know, but many then come home from work and SIT. No movement = death because circulation cures much and really helps the liver and other organs keep the body clean. This is the typical portrait of an American now a days. It's no wonder that disease is so prevalent.

Have you done the home thyroid test developed by Dr. Broada Barnes? If not, I discovered that having the thyroid out of whack can lead to not only headaches, but diabetes, heart disease, etc. And yes just about everything I mentioned earlier, repeated again and again, can suppress the thyroid into underproduction. Just as toooooooo much alcohol can do the same.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Health / Exercise
Bookmark this Page!