Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-24-2012, 10:35 AM  

Balcony or Deck Hoist

Has anyone rigged up a hoist to raise groceries (or whatever) to a second level balcony or deck? Someone rigged one for a friend of mine in Conway, SC. He lives on the Wacamaw river and his house is elevated per the building code. He has back problems and his wife has knee problems so someone rigged him a motorized hoist with a swing jib at the top. They just place a basket on the hook and hit the up button on the pendant control. I haven't seen it as Conway is a bit too far to travel on a whim gas prices being what they are.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:29 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Can't help you there, but my grandfather used to have a ski lift type of set up to haul stuff from the valley to his house up the hill. Sort of like a ski lift without the chairs, just one flat bed trailer type of contraption and a motor. Always worked well when I was a kid, but we were never allowed to ride on it because it wasn't "reliable".

Old 09-26-2012, 06:48 PM  

If you have the room, a dumb waiter is pretty easy to install, especially if you have a Harbor Freight nearby for the motorized parts.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads