Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-31-2013, 04:50 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
bulletin board in apartment complex

I live in a mid-sized apartment complex. Last fall I had the idea that the foyer needed a bulletin board by the mailboxes. So I bought one myself and put it up. The resident manager really liked the idea and he is putting one up in the other end of the building, which has a separate entrance.

Since I started the board, I take responsibility for what's on it. These are some of the items I've placed on it:
1. Local church bulletins
2. The schedule for the movie theater down the street
3. A local high school's sports schedule
4. Local restaurant menus
5. Bus schedules
6. Newspaper articles that pertain to the neighborhood, such as upcoming events or school news
7. Socks I've found in the laundry room (clean ones only!)

I date stamp everything so I can easily remember how long the item has been hanging on the board (no, I don't stamp the socks!). Some of the items do get taken, such as the bus schedules, but they are easy to replace. And, yes, the socks get reclaimed.

Other people are welcome to hang up notices. But since I am the board's keeper, I make sure that out-of-date items get removed. I also watch to ensure that advertising stays to a minimum--no fliers for products for sale, etc.

Why do I do this? I worked for a little local newspaper for years, and know that quite often small details don't get to the people who might most want or need to know these things unless they are properly publicized.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.