Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2010, 10:09 AM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Do Roomba's Work?

Anyone have a Roomba. I always thought it was more a novelty then a legit cleaning solution.

I saw an article though about it creates a map of your house so it knows it's layout and can detect where it gets most of it's dirt and focuses more on those area and the more it runs the more efficient it gets.

Still curious though if it actually works, vacuums good and doesn't break down or get stuck often.

Old 12-06-2010, 03:36 PM  
Poison Idea

I dunno if they do well with actual cleaning, but they're good for pet hair and debris, the kind of crap you'll pick up when not vaccuuming anyway.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:39 PM  

Genoa, Illinois
My son lives in a house with a couple other guys. They have a Roomba and it does a pretty decent job.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:51 PM  

Utah
I bought one for my mom for Xmas last year. It works ok. Its not a person so it doesnt know where stuff is on the floor so it is a bit of hit or miss with it. Its does prolong the time between a human vacuuming tho. So if you think of it as a little helper i think its worth it, if you think of it taking over all of your vacuuming i think you would be disappointed.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:03 PM  

Galva, KS
I think it's a great help. It wont replace a regular vacuum but it does pretty well with grit and pet hair.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:11 AM  

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratcsco View Post
I think it's a great help. It wont replace a regular vacuum but it does pretty well with grit and pet hair.
Agreed, its good for maintaining but it doesn't have the power to get everything. You also have to have your area clear for it in which case it only takes me a couple minutes to run the upright vacuum over anyway.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:08 PM  
bearded brewer

Greenville, SC
We use ours every now and then for some maintenance, but still need to use a proper vacuum every now and then. It struggles with our dinning room table and chairs -- navigating between them. It also sometimes get stuck on the edge of the rugs (we have hardwood floors).

It was a gift a couple years ago -- I don't think I would have gone out and bought one myself. If it broke, I wouldn't bother replacing it.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:11 PM  

Portland, Oregon
Yeah, I have one and it works pretty well. You have to be sure to keep the bin empty and the brushes clean, but it does a pretty good job of cleaning, and the scheduling feature is nice.

Make sure to not leave fragile things on the floor, though, given half a chance it will break them.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:15 PM  

i have one and i have never used it so i cant help
Old 12-28-2010, 03:31 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
A real vacuum is so much more efficient.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Bookmark this Page!