Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2011, 11:38 AM  

Electrical plate covers

I don't know how many others are aware of this newly discovered item, but I found them invaluable when doing a room makeover. They are wall plug covers, which screw directly as a new faceplate, and eliminate the headache of cutting wires and changing outlets in order to change the color, which is usually the outdated ivory color.

It takes one screw, cleans up the outdated plug, makes them easy to wash and clean, and are slightly oversized to cover the old paint lines. They can be found at Home Depot, and cost $2.25 a piece.

Below are a few pictures which describe their uses a little better.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:26 PM  

I don't understand? Face plates don't come with switches and outlets, they have always been a separate item. I used Amerock when I built my house.
Electrical plate covers-%24-kgrhqr-hgf-ys-5d-sbqwmglpgfw%7E%7E60_1.jpg 

Old 09-23-2012, 10:12 PM  

This faceplate covers the ugly round duplex plugs without having to rewire anything.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:13 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
This faceplate covers the ugly round duplex plugs without having to rewire anything.
Thanks, I now see the light, or should I say the receptacle. I actually have some places I can use them.

My son was a teen when I built the house and he wanted to paint his room black and painted a mural on one wall. I used brown receptacles so as not to show up against the black. I have painted them white now that the room is white but the paint scratches with use.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:54 PM  

What brand are the covers? I looked at Lowe's today and didn't see any.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:08 AM  

I can't remember the brand but I know that they were only available at Home Depot, and not at Lowe's, for some silly reason.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:43 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Believe it or not we have a Home Depot not more than 2 minutes from where I work.

I will have to go see if they carry those, because I sure could use a few

Thanks for the lead Mark
Old 09-27-2012, 02:34 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I can't remember the brand but I know that they were only available at Home Depot, and not at Lowe's, for some silly reason.
Thanks much, I'll check next time I'm in Home Depot. We have a local Lowe's but the closest Home Depot is 23 miles away.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:54 PM  

I personally dislike HD and love Lowe's, but one is 2 miles to the east and the other is 2 miles to the west. Then again, I could also go 3 miles to the north or 4 miles to the south. With all the building stores around here, you would think we have new building happening around me, but unless I'm blind, I don't see it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Bookmark this Page!