Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-18-2011, 01:18 AM  
Traveler

Pretty darn major ordeal replacing a joist for sure, but I've replaced quite a few over the years. When I doubled the size of my house, I went with 2X10 joists on account of the fact that they are much cheaper and I prefer the conventional 2X over your garden variety BCI floor joist for a number of reasons, though I must admit that those BCIs are very easy to use and come in any length you can physically haul out to your jobsite. Longest I ever used was 70 footers. Actually very few buildings even use plywood for subfloor, wall or roof sheathing anymore in place of OSB (oriented strand board)

Old 09-01-2011, 10:20 AM  

O'Fallon, IL
This is slightly off topic, but I'm trying to learn here. In the picture shown earlier, #1 is what is used in my house. Is it any better/worse construction wise compared with 2,3, or 4? I definitely see the benefits to running electrical/low voltage lines, but other than that, is there a structural benefit to any of them?

Thanks!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.