Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2010, 10:51 AM  

Bastrop, Tx, Texas
Growing Hops in Central Texas ?

Has anyone had luck "good or bad" growing hops in central Texas?
I want to try and grow my own hops for my brews but I read they dont do to well out of the range of 35-55 degrees latitudes do to the shorter day light hrs here. I will try and grow them anyway but wanted to know if they will produce hops? What would be the best to grow here? I was thinking of Cascade or Ahtanum mid range alpha acids? Roy

Old 12-17-2010, 11:08 AM  

Bellevue, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksiderods View Post
Has anyone had luck "good or bad" growing hops in central Texas?
I want to try and grow my own hops for my brews but I read they dont do to well out of the range of 35-55 degrees latitudes do to the shorter day light hrs here.
Central Washington grows tons of hops and they have much shorter days than Central Texas let me tell you. Except in the summer, then Central Washington has much longer days.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:22 AM  

Bastrop, Tx, Texas
I havent tried growing them but will when I can get them. I looked online and their not selling yet. Would like to know the best place to buy hops, any idea ?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Home Improvement
Bookmark this Page!