Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-30-2010, 01:14 PM  

Texas
I've been brewing for about 3 years now but I haven't gotten adventurous with my recipes yet. Just going with the recipe kits from the homebrew shop.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:43 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreeq View Post
I've been brewing for about 3 years now but I haven't gotten adventurous with my recipes yet. Just going with the recipe kits from the homebrew shop.
Oh man! You gotta break free!! Try my amber ale recipe and you will not be sorry!

Old 11-30-2010, 07:54 PM  

houston, texas
Just started with my pops and bro this weekend. Had a good time brewing and hoping for beer by New Years!
Old 12-01-2010, 08:13 AM  

Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkrhino View Post
i love belgian beers. 5 of my last 7 or so homebrews have been belgian inspired.
What size batches are you making?
Old 12-01-2010, 08:58 AM  

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6August6Derleth6 View Post
Oh man! You gotta break free!! Try my amber ale recipe and you will not be sorry!
Okay, so are you going to share that recipe?
Old 12-01-2010, 12:51 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreeq View Post
Okay, so are you going to share that recipe?
It is both in my blog on this forum, and available HERE. If you're in or even NEAR the Greater Houston area feel free to join the group! Hell, I'll take any Texan. Anyone smart enough to live in this state is okay by me!
Old 12-01-2010, 12:56 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhebert View Post
Just started with my pops and bro this weekend. Had a good time brewing and hoping for beer by New Years!
Awesome! It's a great hobby, as I'm sure you're finding out. And it's more fun if you can brew with a group of good people so, good for you! Keep at it! And make sure you condition your beers for at least 3 weeks before you start popping tops! Most people run on 1 week in primary, 2 in secondary, and 3 in bottles to achieve the best flavour. You caaan open them a lil bit earlier but it won't have reached full maturity and may have some green flavours. (In case ya didn't know, if ya did; my bad! heh.)
Old 12-03-2010, 06:41 PM  

Liberty, Liberty
I've been brewing about 3 years now.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:02 PM  

Houston, TX
brewer here for about 1.5 years. just brewed my first batch right before thanksgiving that was completely my own, not a kit. it was a black IPA. had my first pint last night.. my best beer (out of about 20) hands down. it's perfect. I just cloned the BJ's Jeremiah red yesterday, hopefully it turns out OK. and this weekend I'm cloning the abita SOS (wife loves it).
plan to take all 3 kegs with me to our new years eve destination, camping with 10 friends out south of fredericksburg.

I'm in tomball, anybody else close?

Also, my pay it forward to you guys: www.farmhousebrewingsupply.com
if you haven't heard of these guys, bookmark it right now. they sell 4 oz. packages of hops, all below $1/oz. many are down to $.50 and $.60 an ounce. actually saw their lowest yet, willamette was $.40/oz last week when I bought some. they have about 35-40 varieties.

In all, I've bought about 4 pounds of hops from them over the last month or so, total, shipped, was ~$50. defalcos and austinhomebrew.com are still selling only 1 oz packages, at $3.
Never again from me.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:41 PM  

Boston, Ma
Brewer here! I've got a strong German Alt and a ESB on tap. A Braggot, and another German Alt in the fermenter.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads