Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-01-2010, 10:05 AM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadapple View Post
I found one purely by accident one day, I thought about emptying the contents and taking a dump in it, but my conscience got the better of me, and instead I put a $20 bill in it and moved it about 50 feet from where it was at, I?ll see if it is still there in a few months
How did you accidentally find it?

Old 10-01-2010, 07:37 PM  

Woodville, Texas
Iknow some guys I hear talk about it all the time but I never knew what it was. Dn't think my HTC has the app

Old 10-02-2010, 06:02 AM  

Baytown, Texas
Yeah they are everywhere. I use an app called c:gel on my droid x and it works really good.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:10 AM  

Baytown, Texas
BTW the app is free and on adroid market. I am actually headed to Armand Bayou to do a Paddle series this morning in my kayak. There are 47 geocaches out there only accessible by boat.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:44 AM  

Las Vegas, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadapple View Post
I found one purely by accident one day, I thought about emptying the contents and taking a dump in it, but my conscience got the better of me, and instead I put a $20 bill in it and moved it about 50 feet from where it was at, I?ll see if it is still there in a few months
LOL Now I don't ever want to go GC w/o rubber gloves!
Old 10-04-2010, 09:17 AM  

Houston, TX
I definately want to get into this. My Jeep is ready for some light off-roading and I have thought of lots of neat places inside the city that would require access on foot or at least in a vehicle other than a regular street sedan.

Something fun to do with my kids on weekends.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:05 PM  

League City-Clear Lake, Texas
That's awesome! I kayak in the Clear Lake area too. What do you need to get started in this?
Old 10-08-2010, 10:00 AM  

Baytown, Texas
All you need is a gps or gps enabled android phone or iphone. If you have the phone use an app called c:geo on the android phone, its free. If you have an iphone the app is called groundspeak and it costs 10 bucks. Whatever you have you will have to go to Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site and create a free user account. When you get that account created yo can then click on his and seek a cache on the left hand side and type in by zipcode or address the area yo want to look for caches. You can then enter the caches lay/long into the gps unless you have a gps that is paperless geocaching enabled.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:04 AM  

Baytown, Texas
If anyone wants a hands on tutorial let me know and I will be more than happy to help you get started what-not. When you create an account on Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site add my to your friends list : GEO JPR
Old 10-08-2010, 10:09 AM  

houston, texas
I have been geocaching for several years its a blast.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.