Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-05-2012, 09:10 AM  

Houston, Texas
Best Japanese Restaurant

I've been in Houston for quite a while and have been a sushi devotee for a number of years.

I remember a restaurant near the Galleria called Tokyo Gardens that had the whole schmeer: fountains, tatame tables, private booths/rooms, they even made those of us wearing shorts wear paper kimonos.

Sadly the place closed and I'm looking for another place with the same combination of ambiance and good food.

You can chime in with your best sushi bars too, but there are so many now that are mediocre, and so many people could not tell good nigiri sushi if it bit them.

Just remember its about the RICE, suchi rice should be pickled, a combination of mirin, vinegar and sugar, it accents the fish. To prepare it right is an art unto itself. Supermarket sushi and a lot of other places. don't do it right or at all. So if you don't know what I'm talking about, or have never noticed, then the place you consider as good is probably not. Also consider who is making it. If you chef isn't really Japanese, then...the Sakura chain is owned by Sun Young Moon, Korean, Chinese, or Vietnamese sushi chefs well...lets just say if I want good Mexican food I don't look for a Mexican restaurant owned and run by a Vietnamese or a Russian.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads