Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2011, 11:11 AM  

Houston, TX
Best place to buy a jeep

I am leaning towards buying a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- and the price will determine if I buy new or used.

I would rather buy from a small dealer who specializes in jeeps-

Do you know of any near the Houston area?

Old 02-09-2011, 02:32 PM  

Sour Lake, Texas
Quite of few I know have bought theirs at Allen Samuels in Port Arthur area.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:28 PM  

Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by stouttrout View Post
Quite of few I know have bought theirs at Allen Samuels in Port Arthur area.
Thanks.. I will keep them in mind..
Old 02-10-2011, 07:44 AM  

Sugar Land, TX
I purchased mine from a Ford dealer. Non-Jeep dealerships only see a vehicle for sale, Jeep dealers understand how to sell so I think you can get a better deal on a used one from a non-Jeep dealer. If you want a new one look at Gillman at US 59 and the beltway near Sugar Land. Those guys do my service and they have some techs who really know Jeeps. I didn't have the same experience at Allen Samuels in Katy... I was in there three times to repair an ignition problem and still could not fix it. Gillman service guy nailed the problem 30 minutes after I arrived.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:47 PM  

Jeep dealers and discounts

I bought my 2011 Sahara JK in December from River Oaks Chrysler. In 2004 I bought a LJ from Spring Chrysler. I am not sure it really matters what dealer you buy from as I have not found any differences in dealers. Once you give them your money their relationship with you is over. As far as price, sign up as a Tread Lightly member and you get a no hassle 1% below dealer invoice price . In addition you also get any rebates or deals that are being offered by Chrysler. Won't get any better price than going that way. Good luck!
Old 02-11-2011, 04:46 PM  

Houston, TX
JK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejfern View Post
I bought my 2011 Sahara JK in December from River Oaks Chrysler. In 2004 I bought a LJ from Spring Chrysler. I am not sure it really matters what dealer you buy from as I have not found any differences in dealers. Once you give them your money their relationship with you is over. As far as price, sign up as a Tread Lightly member and you get a no hassle 1% below dealer invoice price . In addition you also get any rebates or deals that are being offered by Chrysler. Won't get any better price than going that way. Good luck!
Thanks for info. I'm still undecided if I want brand new or one year old.
What is a JK?
Old 02-11-2011, 04:47 PM  

Houston, TX
Thanks everyone.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:39 AM  

Houston tx, Texas
You might want to take a look at Select Jeeps. They are down in League City. They have some nice jeeps out there, and decent prices.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:43 PM  

You can also try Carmax, that's where I got my 06 LJ for a really good price. You just have to hit their website off and on because they add new Jeeps all the time.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:04 AM  

I got my 06 Sport on Craigslist, did alot of shopping at all the places listed above and just got lucky and found the right one.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Bookmark this Page!