Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2010, 11:00 AM  

Houston, Texas
Shooting Ranges

Any inexpensive ranges for shooting around the Houston/Galveston area?

Old 11-04-2010, 06:05 AM  

Houston, Texas
On the west side, off of Westheimer Parkway is the All American Shooting range. They have a pro shop selling ammunition and equipment. With pistol and rifle ranges out to 600 yards. Skeet, Trap and sporting clays are also available. It is around $10 a gun or shooter. It is inside the G Bush Park about a mile and a half past Hwy 6. All ranges are outside with covered shooting areas.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:53 PM  

baytown, texas
The Texas City range down by the dike is nice and cheap. It only has a 100 yd max for rifles though. Nice people and uncrowded, give it a try.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:04 PM  

Friendswood, Alvin area, FM 528 around Hwy 35 there is a NICE outdoor club. several pistol ranges, .22 rifle range, High power rifle ranges, skeet, trap, archery, airgun, riot gun, and a plate rack range. Automatic gate, you punch in and gate opens without getting out of your car, I believe more than 400 yard ranges. Security cameras, We have our own CHL classes. Yearly fee, check website for prices.

Pearland Shooting Club

Welcome to PSC-Range.com

Very few people are there at one time, most of the time during the week, you have the one range (of twenty or so) to yourself.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:12 AM  

Houston, TX
i'll second the all american shooting range on westheimer pkwy. i was very impressed with their setup. it seems bigger than any other i've been too, so there's always an open spot.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:48 AM  

Houston, TX
All American is the only one I've been to, but my friend down in Pearland has one that he likes a lot, I think it may be called Greater Houston Gun Club?
Old 11-20-2010, 07:39 AM  

Houston, TX
If you are willing to risk your life (I have had inexperience owners check jams with pistol pointed at me before) and shoot at a no frills location, then Hot Wells is a low priced option. I prefer going out to the country with a friend that has property and doing whatever I please though.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:55 PM  

Houston
There's an indoor range at 249 / 1960. It's about $16 for an "hour". They don't really watch the clock. It's nice for crappy weather days. Another is Hot Springs off 290 I think. It's about $10. outdoor range pistol / rifle
Old 11-22-2010, 03:04 PM  
Professional

Texas
My favorite thing about American Shooting Center is that it is $10 Rifle/$12 handgun for all day. You can keep your receipt and come and go as you please.
The downside is that it gets crowded (mostly on weekends) and sometimes the range officers tend to treat the customers like children. But hey, I have never owned a shooting range, so maybe they have to in order to operate safely.

Just a little more info for you.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Bookmark this Page!