Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2011, 01:42 AM  

What is a good local resale shop?

I'm tired of the smells in Value Village, and I've never been a big fan of the Salvation Army. I heard mention of some "great" local shop which has been open a long time, but I did not hear the name unfortunately.

Where do you all go to get some good second-hand clothing and things?

Old 03-08-2011, 02:53 PM  

there is a place called MAMS off of cambell rd pretty close to longpoint they have some good finds!

Old 03-08-2011, 03:00 PM  

Thanks! I'll have to check that one out, never been there.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:41 PM  

All of the Family Thrifts are pretty good. I go to the one in the Copperfield area mostly then the one in the Heights.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:15 AM  

Houston, Texas
There's Blue Bird on W. Alabama just east of Montrose Blvd. There's a place on Dunlavy just north of Westheimer in Montrose. Another on Waugh between W. Grey and Westheimer and another off Waugh just south of Westheimer that's next to a run away youth home (bad area at night). Can't give you any names but I pass by these places on occasion, just never been inside. Other than Blue Bird. There's a bunch of "antique" shops on Westheimer in Montrose if you're interested.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:51 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
In PA I had 5 or 6 shops I'd hit any time I was nearby. I did well because I paid attention to discount days, the types of merchandise each excelled at having in stock as well as anything I could learn about their practices. Near me in OR is a huge Goodwill with big bins of stuff that didn't sell in stores. Items are time coded and end up selling by the pound in the bin facility.

The payoff is knowing a kid who builds custom gamer computers is the Goodwill tech expert and he uses parts from several stores to build some very nice computers that sell for under $100.00.

Buy Winter wear in July and camping gear in January. Never buy anything electrical without plugging it in.

In a large city like Houston you're blessed by many choices and Google can help.

Resale Houston
Resale Houston - CachedResale Houston Magazine: September/October 2011. Your guide to ... Resale Houston Magazine: July/August 2011. Your guide ...

S.T.A.R.S. - South Texas Association of Resale Shops
S.T.A.R.S. - South Texas Association of Resale Shops - CachedThe South Texas Association of Resale Shops (S.T.A.R.S.) brings you this website ... of the finest resale/consignment stores in the Greater Houston Metro area. ...

B'Dazzled River Oaks Resale Boutique Houston Resale Shop ...
bdazzledresaleboutique.com/ - CachedHouston Texas, River Oaks ladies resale boutique. Ladies clothing & accessories, designer shoes, Manolo Blahnik, Gucci, Tods, Casadei, designer bags, Chloe ...
1308 West Gray Street, Houston
(713) 387-2525

The Guild Shop
The Guild Shop

2009 Dunlavy Street, Houston
(713) 528-5095
Not the usual thrift store! Vintage clothing at Buffalo Exchange. Cash ...

Not the usual thrift store! Vintage clothing at Buffalo Exchange. Cash for fashion instead of consignment. Costumes.

www.charityguildshop.org/ - Cachedwhen Houston claimed a population of 140000, some women realized that needs in the city could best be met through organizing their efforts. A few months later ...
1203 Lovett Boulevard, Houston, Texas
(713) 529-0995

Blue Bird Circle Resale Shop
www.thebluebirdcircle.com/That year, in Houston, Texas, a unique organization of women volunteers was created to promote the well-being of humanity through the betterment of the ...
615 West Alabama Street, Houston
(713) 528-5607

Twice New
twicenew.com/The selection of Twice New appreciates the variety of style, design, and appearance. Much of the selection at Twice New has come directly from the ...
2005-D W Gray St, Houston
(713) 523-2212

Repeat Consignment Superstore
repeatco.com/Repeat! Consignment Superstore
12558 Westheimer, Houston
(281) 493-3377

More results near Houston, TX ?
Houston Second Hand Goods Shopping on Citysearch
houston.citysearch.com ? Houston - CachedResults 1 - 10 of 1014 ? Furniture, Consignment Shops, Fitness. Furniture Dealers. 10968 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX (Map). Neighborhood: Westside ...
Houston Resale Shops | Resale Shops in Houston, TX - YP.com
Houston Resale Shops | Resale Shops in Houston, TX - YP.com - CachedFind resale shops & Resale Shops in Houston, TX. Read business reviews, find driving directions, and more. resale shops on YP.com.
Resale shops Houston
Resale shops...houston, San Francisco... - CachedReviews on Resale shops in Houston - The Guild Shop, Blue Bird Circle, Blackbird Trading Co., More Than You Can Imagine, MAM's Resale, Cheeky Vintage, ...
Old 09-12-2011, 03:07 PM  

Houston, Texas
The Guild Shop! That's one I didn't know the name. Completely forgot about Buffalo Exchange.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:01 AM  

It has been a long time since I've been there but I recall a few on Westheimer in Montrose. One is called Taxi I think and a few others are all in the same area. Take a stroll down Westheimer in Montrose, have lunch at one of the many great little restaurants and enjoy a Sat. afternoon. You'll find thrift shops and a whole lot more!
Old 01-07-2013, 01:11 PM  

From Our Home To Yours on Westheimer between Wilcrest and Kirkwood is a nice family owned resale shop that carries a little bit of everything. Me and my wife put a lot of work into it. You should check it out. Its clean and very well kept.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Bookmark this Page!