Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-12-2011, 05:09 PM  

What's your favourite watering hole?

I tend to like relaxed, pretty low-key places to sit and have a think with a drink. The places that I used to frequent have gotten...shall we say, a new clientelle and are extremely annoying. I was shocked and horrified to see what was once a great bar turn into essentially a dance club type atmosphere.

Anyone have any good suggestions for a nice place to relax and get away a bit with a fine beer?

Old 04-05-2011, 09:19 AM  

Houston, TX
rockwells tavern. very low key. rarely crowded. 150+ beers. very cool owner who is a homebrewer, and likes to talk all things beer.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:41 PM  

Cypress is about 30 miles from me, but I just might have to make it out one day and check it out! Thanks for the tip metaltim!
Old 05-19-2011, 11:48 AM  

Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6August6Derleth6 View Post
I tend to like relaxed, pretty low-key places to sit and have a think with a drink. The places that I used to frequent have gotten...shall we say, a new clientelle and are extremely annoying. I was shocked and horrified to see what was once a great bar turn into essentially a dance club type atmosphere.

Anyone have any good suggestions for a nice place to relax and get away a bit with a fine beer?
If you find a place in Houston let me know since most good beer bars are crowded, loud, or overpriced. Petrol Station is decent on a weekday. PubHub out in Katy is also chill(ish) as it can get loud quickly.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:45 AM  

Houston, TX
devinramen, i don't know where you are, but if you are anywhere near 290 corridor, look no further than my previously mentioned rockwells tavern. 150+ beers. it's a bar/restaurant, and the restaurant part usually has families. i've been there everyday of the week, and aside from friday or saturday nights, you pretty much have the place to yourself. Even on weekend nights, i've never been even close to rubbing elbows with people.

happy hour prices are until 7pm during the week, and you wouldn't believe how good a deal you get.

we went last night, I had a widmer pitch black ipa, independence Ipa, wife had new southern star wheat beer and saint arnold weedwacker, all 4 beers were on draft, and we split some sweet potato fries...

wanna take a guess?

$14.

also got to try a new vanilla porter out of nebraska that isn't available here yet.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:36 AM  
H2O Doctor...

League City, Texas
Do you have an address for Rockwells Tavern? I'm out at 290/Telge at least 3 days a week and will def stop in for a nice cold beer!
Old 08-01-2011, 04:16 PM  

Houston, TX
12640 Telge Rd, Cypress, TX 77429
Old 08-22-2011, 06:11 AM  

Houston, Texas
Tried Rockwell's Sunday and was way disappointed. See my review under best burger places or beer bars. I was expecting a whole lot more.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:11 AM  

Can't go wrong with any of the Sherlock's for an all round good time. It is an impossible question to get wrong as different folks have their own take on what is "fun." I'm more the type to like a laid back atmosphere, good beer and a few games to keep you busy. The occasional good band is a bonus. If you find these thing appealing Houston has much to offer and my advice is to experiment by going to different parts of town. Stags Head is good. McGonigals is good. Ginger Man, Kelvin Arms and Hans Beer garden are all very good.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads