Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-28-2011, 04:47 PM  

Pearland, TX
Where is the Best BBQ in the Houston Area?

Hey everyone, 1st time poster.

I have lived in Texas for about 1.5 years now and I was just curious as to where the best BBQ restaurant was in the Houston area. I have tried only three places thus far being Spring Creek, Goode Company (via the Rodeo) and a small place in Pearland called Central Texas Style BBQ.

My favorite of the three is Texas Style BBQ (it is off of 518 and 35 if I recall correctly). It is a hole-in-the-wall type of place with a lot of options for sides and meats. I think the portion to $$ ratio is pretty decent and their Sweet Potatoes are great (like a dessert!).

Anyways, just thought I would have other people weigh in and hopefully find more places to try.

Thanks,

Old 03-01-2011, 01:41 PM  

Central Texas Style BBQ is a good joint. I'm not much on Spring Creek personally. There's a good joint in League City called Red River BBQ.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:05 PM  

Pearland, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by turk10mm View Post
Central Texas Style BBQ is a good joint. I'm not much on Spring Creek personally. There's a good joint in League City called Red River BBQ.
The wife and I weren't too excited about Spring Creek either. We are definitely glad we found Central Texas BBQ.

Where is League City? How does Red River compare to Central Texas BBQ?
Old 03-02-2011, 06:26 AM  

Houston, TX
Luling City Market on Richmond just inside the loop. The original is in Luling about 2 hours west and always makes the Texas Monthly top 50. This one in Houston is good but the original is great. It may just be the atmosphere. Try both if you get the chance.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:46 AM  

Pearland, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnysquidTX View Post
Luling City Market on Richmond just inside the loop. The original is in Luling about 2 hours west and always makes the Texas Monthly top 50. This one in Houston is good but the original is great. It may just be the atmosphere. Try both if you get the chance.
Sounds like a plan! Starting to get pretty hungry for BBQ!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:33 AM  

Red River is local to me. I'd stick with Central Texas unless you were already in LC. League City is one exit south of Nasa Rd 1. We're inbetween Webster and Dickinson, east of Friendswood, and West of Kemah.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:24 AM  
H2O Doctor...

League City, Texas
Red River, see it all the time got to check that one out. I'm from NC and BBQ is Pork...hard to find here.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:14 AM  

Pearland, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSVT View Post
Red River, see it all the time got to check that one out. I'm from NC and BBQ is Pork...hard to find here.
I don't know if Pearland is too far away from you but Central Texas BBQ has pulled pork sandwiches. My Georgian Friends (also pork bbq) really like it. I think they might have pork ribs as well but don't quote me on that.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:41 PM  

Houston, Texas
Goode Company (the original on Kirby) will always be my favorite. Love the sauce - totally different from anywhere else - and the Austin baked beans with chunks of apple! Best side at any BBQ joint I've ever visited.

Up near home I Like Tin Roof BBQ just off 1960 near Walmart in Atascocita. Good BBQ, reasonable prices, and free live music on weekends! Lots of outdoor seating on a BIG covered deck. There's some indoor seating too, but you can't hear the music too well inside.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:56 PM  

Rudy's BBQ is good..

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Houston
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.