Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Idaho
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-23-2010, 09:44 AM  

Boise, ID
I live in Boise and love the community feel and nearby outdoor recreation. It is high desert here, so you get snow in the winter, and summers of 95F+. Oregon is also a really nice state, and very beautiful, if you can handle 100 rainy days a year. The rest of Idaho is rugged and gorgeous, but may have slim pickings for employment. Welcome to Boise, but only if you contribute to keeping it awesome

Old 12-02-2010, 06:06 AM  

West Columbia, South Carolina
I have the opportunity to transfer to Post Falls. Love the outdoors but I've been keeping tabs on the weather and I don't know if this Florida boy can handle it.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:32 PM  

I live in ID, not my first choice. It is a very family-oriented place. Very um, right-wing. Hunting and fishing here is huge. People tout the outdoor activities, but keep in mind these activities will involve 4x4's, dirtbikes, quads, and rifles. Not as much "peacful" outdoor activities.

The weather is a big thing to consider. After living in many states, I can say ID has 2 seasons, regardless of what people say. Summer slams into winter and then winter slams into summer. There is NO spring and fall.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:01 AM  

Boise, ID
i totally disagree with that seasons comment. we have a lovely spring and fall with each lasting several months.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:26 PM  

I disagree also about the seasons. I live in North Idaho and love Spring and Fall. Sometimes those seasons are not as long as elsewhere but love them none the less.

Definitely a conservative state with many outdoor opportunities for adventure!
Old 01-04-2011, 08:32 AM  

Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
The state is split into two different regions. The north (panhandle) is very green, mountain covered. The south is more dry/araid, still high in altitude more flat land and lots of wind.

The state in both regions is very outdoor orientated. Lots to keep you occupied, ski both water and snow, offroad, fish, you name it, idaho has it.. It offers the city life of say Boise or the remote areas as well. I live in Mt. Home at the Air Base, the town of Mt. Home is small but has enough for day to day and if I need more I can hit up Boise on the weekends. I used to live in WA in Spokane which boarders ID to the north and travled to ID alot to ski, off road etc.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:32 PM  

Boise, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by undermind View Post
After living in many states, I can say ID has 2 seasons, regardless of what people say. Summer slams into winter and then winter slams into summer. There is NO spring and fall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beltbuckle View Post
i totally disagree with that seasons comment. we have a lovely spring and fall with each lasting several months.
I think it's perception. I too kind of feel like we don't have much Spring or Fall. It's there, but pretty short.

One thing I do love about Boise is that the summer weather is very predictable. It's gonna be hot, dry and sunny!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:50 PM  

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Havin' grown up in the great state of Texas, I still retain my Texan state of mind and manner of speakin', but I've lived in Idaho now for goin' on 9 years (north for 7 years) and can't ever see myself livin' somewhere else.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:54 PM  

Ririe, Idaho
I love living here in Idaho. The only part that sucks is we are having to share our beautiful state with other people that want to move away from there crappy state. But just remember; " it's not always greener on the other side of the fence!"
Old 01-25-2011, 09:37 PM  

Kuna
Quote:
Originally Posted by undermind View Post
I live in ID, not my first choice. It is a very family-oriented place. Very um, right-wing. Hunting and fishing here is huge. People tout the outdoor activities, but keep in mind these activities will involve 4x4's, dirtbikes, quads, and rifles. Not as much "peacful" outdoor activities.

The weather is a big thing to consider. After living in many states, I can say ID has 2 seasons, regardless of what people say. Summer slams into winter and then winter slams into summer. There is NO spring and fall.
You ain't lived here very long have ya?
Very right-wing thank goodness!!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Idaho
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads