Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Idaho
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-24-2011, 07:41 AM  

Caldwell, Idaho
@musicinabottle
I must say that you are incorrect sir. My opinions on this are based on personal experiences with liberal minded people, by this I mean camping with them. I find myself cleaning up after them. Something I've never had to do with my hunting friends.
@mikelarson
You are correct, and this is exactly what I do as it is what my parents instilled in me to do and it is the right thing. Thank you sir for your service to our country! :-)

Old 02-24-2011, 10:04 AM  
Traveler

Well, I can't know the specifics of your circumstances, and you never elaborated as to how you came to know them. I mean is it a family or are they members from a liberal organization or? Is this relective of the whole group or just a few. I mean, lots of variables. I certainly do not wish to turn this into a hunters verses liberal thing, but traditionally, liberals are pro environment, tree huggers etc. If these guys are littering and trashing the woods all the while claiming to be self professed liberals, then something is totally wrong and it's your job to educate them and make an example for sure. I do agree with the other fellow, that typically what I see is beer cans and shell casings, things shot up and motorcycle and 4X4 tracks ripping up the hillside. The sort of thing I associate with redneck ignorance. I think that many want to turn this into a charged political issue, but it just simply comes down to plain and simple redneck ignorance and a lack of reverence for nature.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:17 AM  

I just can't stay out of it any longer. Just because I am a gun loving conservative does not mean that I throw trash on the ground. Nor did I raise my children to litter, curse, or trash any property whatsoever. Am I a redneck - maybe. I love my guns, my privacy, and my country. My twin sons are now serving in the Navy and they are so proud to do it. We are all different but protecting the environment from trash is not just a liberal issue, it is a human issue and one we should all get behind. You should volunteer with your highway district or local road divisions by adopting a section of highway or road to help keep our state clean. Every little bit helps and Mike we appreciate you cleaning up not only your mess but someone else's. And thank you for your service!
Old 02-25-2011, 09:31 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I just can't stay out of it any longer. Just because I am a gun loving conservative does not mean that I throw trash on the ground. Nor did I raise my children to litter, curse, or trash any property whatsoever. Am I a redneck - maybe. I love my guns, my privacy, and my country. My twin sons are now serving in the Navy and they are so proud to do it. We are all different but protecting the environment from trash is not just a liberal issue, it is a human issue and one we should all get behind. You should volunteer with your highway district or local road divisions by adopting a section of highway or road to help keep our state clean. Every little bit helps and Mike we appreciate you cleaning up not only your mess but someone else's. And thank you for your service!
I gather this was aimed at me. I never said that all conservatives are garbage spewing creeps, though many sure seem anti environment in other ways and some liberals are certainly slobs too. Picking up a little trash, even other peoples trash, and being pro active in our governments environmental policies are two different things. A person can get out and enjoy the great outdoors, but then support behavior that harms the planet. There is a difference. This was what I was refering to earlier. I refer to rednecks in the ignorant sense of the word. I also stated before, that liberals have traditionally been for the environment with an increasing amount of republicans realizing that presrving the Earth is not a bad thing was all. Though I consider myself a tree hugging environmentalist..... I also happen to like guns myself, for what it's worth.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:33 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
I also wanted to say that I wish more people had your conviction. Were it so, we might not even need to be picking up trash from other people. It really is a shame.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:34 AM  

West Columbia, South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC00TJ View Post
I really want to live in Idaho or one of the states around it. Whats the land like? It looks simply amazing from pictures ive seen.
Hey JC00TJ, You get your answer? Still want to live in Idaho?
Old 02-26-2011, 10:43 AM  

Ririe, Idaho
Quote:
I thank you and aTEK for the thank you!
I also thank you for raising twins that have pride in our country, and are doing there part in keeping our country free so people like you and I can sit down here and speak our two cents.
FREEDOM IS A PRIVILEGE NOT A RIGHT
Old 02-27-2011, 01:25 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by syscokid View Post
Hey JC00TJ, You get your answer? Still want to live in Idaho?
Heheh. He created his account here one day in October, posted 6 quick posts and has never been back since. There was a giveaway on another message board that required you to sign up here and make 5 posts to be eligable for the prize. I'm thinkin that could be a factor here..

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Idaho
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.