Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Idaho
Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2012, 11:18 AM  

Huntsville, AL
Move to Idaho?

I saw the other thread, but it quickly evolved into a pissing match about right wing, left wing, rednecks, and littering. So, I'm starting my own fresh one.

My wife, six year old daughter, and I live in Huntsville AL. We've started discussing possibly moving someplace else. I love the outdoors - hunting, fishing, falconry, camping, hiking, photography, etc. Idaho has always been appealing to me in those regards from photos and what I've heard and read. But I've never been there.

I am a technical illustrator and my wife is a yoga instructor. Work availability will probably be the deciding factor in where we move. We'll have to be within commuting distance to a reasonably-sized city, although we'd like to live in the country. I don't know what the job market is like there. I think Boise is comparable in size to where we currently live.

Just looking for input and opinions.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:23 PM  

Hey Music- Not sure if you ever got your answer. I grew up around Post Falls / Coeur d'Alene (and in Missoula, MT). Beautiful and 35 minutes from Spokane valley if you need the big city. I have friends who live in Boise and love it too (warmer / not as much snow). I have land in Kamiah and Orofino (very small towns in ID). If you are into hunting, fishing, hiking, etc. (i.e. all the outdoor stuff), ID, MT or WY are for you! Later,

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Idaho
Bookmark this Page!