Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Idaho
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-20-2010, 10:49 AM  

Meridian, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Thanks to all of you for contributing to my information gathering quest.
Not a problem, good luck to you, and best health to you wife

Old 10-22-2010, 08:32 PM  

Boise, ID
IMHO, any place in Idaho is a good place to live, assuming you are within, say, 50 miles of a larger town like Boise or Coeur d'Alene.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:31 PM  

Sacramento, California
Thank you. At this point, we're at a toss up between the Boise area or the Grants Pass, OR area.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:35 AM  
ntg

Bingham County, Idaho
FWIW...the eastern side of Idaho has some great places too. The cost of living will be a little lower than some of the areas around Boise. Idaho Falls has a great reputation as a medical hub for the region, and you're close to Salt Lake for great medical facilities if needed. Oh, and I know the area well. Grew up in Idaho Falls, and returned to southeast Idaho after awhile and plan to never leave again. My 2 cents!
Old 11-03-2010, 02:08 PM  

Logan, UT
I grew up in eastern Idaho, then spent several years in Utah and northern California. Idaho is still my favorite of all those places. If you can handle the cold, the Idaho Falls would be a great place to live. If not, then Boise would probably be better.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:28 AM  

Boise, Idaho
Boise is where its at for me. Way better than where I use to live in California
Old 11-04-2010, 08:03 AM  
ntg

Bingham County, Idaho
The recommendation about the Twin Falls area is a good one too. Not quite so cold in the winter, and close to a lot of great places, although it is rather dry/boring right around TF, but then there's that beautiful canyon right on the north edge of TF city limits. Also look up photos of Shoshone Falls which is at most 10 minutes from TF and rivals Niagra Falls in many opinions.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:46 AM  

Boise, Idaho
The people who would say Shoshone falls rivals Niagra obviously has never seen Niagra Falls
Old 11-06-2010, 01:25 PM  
ntg

Bingham County, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by F150DVR View Post
The people who would say Shoshone falls rivals Niagra obviously has never seen Niagra Falls
I've never seen both, that's just what I've heard. Shoshone has quite the "show" you'll have to admit when the water's high.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:15 PM  
misplaced Idahoan

Glendora, Ca
We bought property in New Plymouth (about 40 miles west of Boise) outside of town. Everyone was very helpful when we were shopping/buying and since when we have needed advice about weeds, irrigation, building and such. Beautiful country and affordable too.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Idaho
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads