Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2010, 12:45 PM  

Morris, Illinois
*LOOKING*for a place to target shoot safely. Grundy/Lasalle co. area.

Im in the Morris area and DESPERATELY looking for a place to target shoot. Ive been using the closest range but they are getting expensive. If someone has a place I could use I would always be respectful ,courteous and follow YOUR RULES. Im a Mid 30s guy who is legal (FOID) and safe.I just want to enjoy shooting and use $$ Id give to ranges to buy more ammo etc. It would be great to find a shooting partner too. I would only be using pistols. If somebody can help Id be willing to work out a deal or help out in ANYWAY I can , I could also pay or whatever we could work out...Please contact me if you think you can help.I know shooters reading this can understand where Im coming from..My income is fixed and it gets expensive and I dont know many people around here who can help. Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Old 09-29-2010, 04:01 AM  

Chicago, Illinios
How about any places in southern Cook County? Seems like it's getting harder and harder to get out and do any shooting anymore

Old 10-01-2010, 11:49 AM  

Burr Ridge, IL
Check out Buffalo Range in Ottawa. Last time I was there, the cost was $25 for all day.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:47 AM  

LISLE, IL
what kind of target shooting are you looking to do ...
Old 10-08-2010, 06:22 PM  

Morris, Illinois
No one has a place they would let me use?? ANYONE??..Im desperate..The range is killing me $$$wise..
Old 10-15-2010, 06:03 AM  

Joliet, IL
Des Plaines Fish & Wildlife Area - They have a free range for Bow's and Shotguns. There is also good fishing and great camp ground (that they didnt open this year) right in the park. It is off of i55 just south of Rt 6. Both ranges are free. There is 2 skeet ranges for the shotguns, and each hold about 3-4 people easily, however it fills up kinda quick during certain parts of the season.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:38 PM  
That's Mr. Bear to you!!

Manhattan, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric76 View Post
Im in the Morris area and DESPERATELY looking for a place to target shoot. Ive been using the closest range but they are getting expensive. If someone has a place I could use I would always be respectful ,courteous and follow YOUR RULES. Im a Mid 30s guy who is legal (FOID) and safe.I just want to enjoy shooting and use $$ Id give to ranges to buy more ammo etc. It would be great to find a shooting partner too. I would only be using pistols. If somebody can help Id be willing to work out a deal or help out in ANYWAY I can , I could also pay or whatever we could work out...Please contact me if you think you can help.I know shooters reading this can understand where Im coming from..My income is fixed and it gets expensive and I dont know many people around here who can help. Thanks in advance for any help!!!
I'm with you... I'm in Minooka & I'm tired of paying Mega Sports, Rinks or Buffalo to shoot. It's far but Ive been driving to Indiana to shoot free at their outdoor ranges.. Kinda a haul tho..
Old 10-20-2010, 06:17 PM  

Morris, Illinois
Yea I hear ya Bear. I used to go to Rinks all the time when I lived in Romeoville.Its a good place,($ wise) just far for me now ,so I end up at Mega Sports(AHH!) and they end up taking at least 50-75$ off me.There HAS TO be a better way.Anyone who's reading this if you have any open area PLEASE contact me. I will always respect your land and would always be safe.I sound like Im begging but thats because I AM !!.. Ive literally been looking for somewhere for a year now.I wouldnt be so opposed to the range but Im partly disabled and all the back and forth not to mention their "rules" and required purchases.Id much rather be trying to work something out with a person who needs help or a few bucks rather than giving it to a range. Sorry about the rant.. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.......
Old 10-21-2010, 04:08 AM  
That's Mr. Bear to you!!

Manhattan, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric76 View Post
Yea I hear ya Bear. I used to go to Rinks all the time when I lived in Romeoville.Its a good place,($ wise) just far for me now ,so I end up at Mega Sports(AHH!) and they end up taking at least 50-75$ off me.There HAS TO be a better way.Anyone who's reading this if you have any open area PLEASE contact me. I will always respect your land and would always be safe.I sound like Im begging but thats because I AM !!.. Ive literally been looking for somewhere for a year now.I wouldnt be so opposed to the range but Im partly disabled and all the back and forth not to mention their "rules" and required purchases.Id much rather be trying to work something out with a person who needs help or a few bucks rather than giving it to a range. Sorry about the rant.. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.......
A couple years ago, Mega didn't make you buy the ammo from them. Now you spend way too much to shoot there. Rinks.. Well.. It's OK.. Last time I was there it was $9 to shoot. I'm with you, I would love to find someone with some land.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:30 AM  

Champaign, IL
Good luck with this.....anywhere in Illinois North of I-70. I was amazed when our youngest son moved to MO and there are actually shooting ranges on state land.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!