Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2010, 02:41 PM  

Morris, Illinois
I know its a long shot..But thats ok with me.There is always a chance someone will be able to help me out.I mean anyone with open land can give me permission to use thier land. I think that people are afraid to just let someone they dont know on thier property.Fingers crossed on that one.....Most states ,aside from Ill., have much more "gun-friendly" areas and places to shoot. But here I knew a guy outside of town that used to shoot on the farmland out back.It was perfecly legal and we were always safe.So It can be done ,its just finding someone who will help you out....

Old 10-23-2010, 04:42 AM  

Champaign, IL
Yeah, I remember hunting & shooting with permission, way back in the day. Most of that's gone, in part because everything's so much more built up now, but the biggest reason is the liability disease that dogs this society. Landowners have read about, or been told by their lawyers or others that they could be sued if there is any misadventure on their property. The sad part is, it's true.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:08 AM  

Genoa, Illinois
I agree with Rico. I live in the middle of farm Country in DeKalb County. I have yet to find anyone to let me shoot on their land. I think they are afraid of liability issues, too.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:03 AM  
That's Mr. Bear to you!!

Manhattan, Illinois
My old business partner lives in Monee. We would shoot on his property all the time. Unfortunately he moved last year.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:14 PM  

Morris, Illinois
Figures!! LOL..I'll just keeping searching and asking around and hopefully find somewhere...
Old 10-26-2010, 02:22 PM  

South Suburbs Chi Town, Illinois
Quote:
I'm with you... I'm in Minooka & I'm tired of paying Mega Sports, Rinks or Buffalo to shoot. It's far but Ive been driving to Indiana to shoot free at their outdoor ranges.. Kinda a haul tho..
Not that it helps you Eric but I agree with Bear on this. I could stick $20 in the gas tank and spend the other $5 on lunch for what Buffalo Rock charges. Something to keep in mind if you do shoot at Indiana DNR ranges, Illinois residents are not allowed to shoot handguns at the DNR ranges. Closer for me but probably wouldn't be worth the drive for you?
Old 10-26-2010, 02:28 PM  

Morris, Illinois
Indiana isnt really worth the drive for me anyway.Thanks for the heads up on the handgun thing though,because I would have gone there to shoot a handgun..Thanks again
Old 10-27-2010, 09:17 AM  

South Suburbs Chi Town, Illinois
You're welcome. Good luck in your search.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:14 PM  

carbondale, Illinois
any ranges in Jackson county near carbondale?
Old 11-03-2010, 02:06 PM  

Putnam, IL
I'm getting a range setup on my property. I've got the ability to go back 200 yards. Need to get a big pile of dirt brought in decide how high to put the target holder. 300 yards might be a possibility if I put the target stand up 5-6 feet.

I'm in Marshall County and it doesn't seem like there is anyone near me on this board.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!