Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2010, 09:38 AM  

Chicago, Illinois
Cubs

So what do you guys think. Should the city give the Cubs money to rebuild? Should the Cubs just pay for it themselves, Should they move the Stadium or just let everything they way it is?

For me I don?t think the City, tax payers or anyone else besides the owners should have to pay for improvements and they should not be allowed to raise prices to do so. I also think the field should stay where it is and they should just clean it up a bit. It would be a mistake to do something stupid like they did to Soldier Field and turn it into a UFO or some giant modern stadium. They really need to spend some cash on getting some decent players to get people in the stands first, then worry about a nicer stadium. And please no more Big Z.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:55 PM  

Granite City, Illinois
Ball parks like Wrigley are slowly fading out. I HATE the look of the "New Busch" stadium from the outside, and the inside looks like every other stadium... I'm NOT AT ALL A CUBS FAN!! Let me put that out there now lol ... but, Wrigley should be dealt with kid gloves because it is an icon... maybe somehow add more seating or something, but to tear it down and re build would be criminal.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:11 PM  

Chicago, IL
I'm opposed to public funds being used to subsidize professional sports teams.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:47 PM  

Canton, Illinois
Leave it be the way it is. I was up there late season and saw nothing wrong with the place.

Its the most historic ballpark in the friggin world and people wanna go around changing it.
Leave it be!
Old 11-21-2010, 06:11 PM  

Lewistown, IL
I'm sitting on the fence on this issue.

On one hand, I think "fix it your damn self people. Thats your job"

And the other hand has me thinking "Well its kind of a state historical site (in a sense) maybe the State should pay for it"

It'll be interesting to see what happens.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:36 PM  

Naperville, IL
They should fix some things concerning safety and handicap accessibility, but other that that leave it along. I like the old stadium feel, I dont need frozen margaritas and churros to enjoy a ballgame.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:21 PM  

I'm a Sox fan, I definitely think the owners should be paying for it and not taxpayers..
Old 11-26-2010, 09:49 AM  

Wow, please leave it completly alone. It's a historical landmark; fighting for its right to remain in today's day and age.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:10 AM  

Chicago, IL
It's funny how the can spend MILLIONS to buy the team yet when it comes to upgrading their stadium they look to the government. Why? because politicians will give to them, look at Comiskey Park, Soldier Field etc. Why would they do this you ask? Well we did vote them in didn't we.

It's all about the bread and circuses.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:40 PM  

Ottawa, Illinois
RIP Ronnie

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!