Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2010, 10:09 PM  

carbondale, Illinois
Firing ranges

is there a place in southern IL to go shooting? I have not found any good ranges down here yet any reccomendations?

Old 11-02-2010, 10:12 PM  

carbondale, Illinois
oh and would prefer a place that does not require a membership or would be open to bringing in multiple guests with a membership as I have multiple friends that want to learn to shoot.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:12 PM  

Putnam, IL
I'm looking for someplace in Peoria. I'm there for a couple hours every week and I would like to be able to rent some handguns and try various guns out.

Don't know about Carbondale. Spent two great years there but don't remember much.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:05 PM  

St. Louis, Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonblackfell View Post
is there a place in southern IL to go shooting? I have not found any good ranges down here yet any reccomendations?
I stay out of IL to shoot but there is an Indoor range in Belleville. Why not cross the river into MO? We have the Jay Henge's outdoor ranges for $3.00/ hour up to 100 yd. about 20 mi south of StL on I55.

Top-gun Indoor Range in Arnold also south of STL on I55. $15/hour

Bullseye indoor in STL -25 yd. $17/hr. kind of a dump but Ok.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:07 AM  

Genoa, Illinois
I wish there were outdoor ranges in Northern Illinois that I didn't have to remortgage the house to shoot at.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:14 PM  

Fairview Heights, IL.
I like the Olin brass range in Alton, but I wonder if they are going to close now. Winchester Shooting Facilities
Old 11-11-2010, 07:23 AM  

Kankakee, Illinois
how far south are we talking, i know of one somewhere between Chebanse and Braidwood
Old 12-01-2010, 03:35 PM  

East Alton, Illinois
Clamzo - With regards to the Olin Shooting range in E. Alton...I have it on good faith that they will remain open regardless of the disposition of the Center Fire division, and the upcoming move. The firing ranges (both Pistol and Shotgun facility) are supposedly going to remain in tact and open.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:20 PM  

Morris, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I wish there were outdoor ranges in Northern Illinois that I didn't have to remortgage the house to shoot at.
You said it brother!! I couldnt agree more.Im trying like h*** to find someone with a backyard range or someone who may want one and needs help getting it going!!! Its been a year now of searching you think Id have given up but like you said the ranges around here just take your wallet , keep what they want and if you are Lucky they give you the leather back..LOL..sad really
Old 01-28-2011, 11:00 PM  

Crystal Lake, IL
I feel like you can just find a farm and go shooting there. Thats what I did up here.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads