Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-07-2011, 01:00 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by John887 View Post
Illinois DID have a helmet law at one time...and it took a LOT of effort to finally get rid of it!!

I have a full face helmet & I wear it when I think it's needed, and don't when I think it would be more of a liability than help....and that's the way it should be.

Explain when a helmet would be a liability.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:36 PM  

I'd just like to know when one can determine when a helmet is necessary or not, since most accidents occur within 5 minutes from your home?

Old 01-10-2011, 05:01 AM  

Chicago, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooch View Post
Explain when a helmet would be a liability.
How can I explain to you when you would think a helmet would be a liability?

That is the whole problem with making the same law for everyone.

Maybe someone feels the need to be able to hear without the helmet muffling all the sound, and thinks it would be safer to be able to hear. Or maybe someone is more susceptible to the heat with one on on hot days.
Then again maybe the person is older and has neck problems, or maybe even younger with a neck injury.

For some reason a lot of people judge the way things "should be" by the way it would affect THEM...but as I hope I have pointed out, this isn't necessarily so...
Old 01-13-2011, 06:33 AM  

calumet city/chicago, il
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooch View Post
I agree. People over the age of 18 have less of a chance to getting a head injury. NOT!!! This logic is fundamentally flawed. It's like the law in Hawaii that makes it illegal for anyone under the age of 13 to ride in the back of a pick-up. We all know that once you reach 13 you can no longer fall out of the truck.
not flawed. the individual is old enough to know to wear one. if he/she does not they are road pizza or like my classmate a living version of timmy
Old 01-14-2011, 08:33 AM  

Danville, Illinois
I dont feel like we need another law. If you feel the need to wear a helmet and protect yourself then be all means do it. If not then you run the risk of what happens when you go down. I ride a motorcycle and am completely confident in my abilities to stay on the bike. I also wear a helmet because I am completely confident in the abilities of others to not pay attention and pull out in front of me. I work at a hospital and see plenty of crashes throughout the summer and most are the result of "the other driver" in the car that hit the bike.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:42 AM  

lake villa, illinois
I do find it amusing that there is no helmet law but there is a seat belt law!

And dont get me started on the no tolerance carry laws. Biggest thing pushing me away from this state right now!
Old 01-24-2011, 02:00 PM  

Chicago, IL.
We do real well with organ donations.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:04 PM  

Palatine, IL
While I personally wear a helmet every time I ride. I don't feel that it is something that needs to be legislated on. I'm sure some people feel the same way about Seat Belts.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:36 PM  

Liberty Il, ILINOIS
I believe if someone wants to take a chance of bashing his skull against concrete, it should be his business.
I am tired of the Gov's protecting people from themselves, and passing laws about things that are none of their concern.
If you want to know why they are considering this law, follow the Dollar, someone with some "pull" will be making money from it.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:58 PM  

Crystal Lake, IL
I think its the persons choice. They arent going to hurt anyone but themselves by not wearing a helmet.

as to relating it to concealed carry... you lost me there.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads