Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2010, 05:08 PM  

Oswego, IL
Homebrewers of Oswego and surrounding areas

Semi new to the hobby, but fully engulfed in it and my passion for good beer. Just looking for others who are into the hobby that are close by.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:58 PM  

Chicago, Il
Im from elgin

Old 12-16-2010, 11:47 AM  

Oswego, IL
Not to far up the road, how long have you been brewing?

You extract or all grain?

I have been brewing only a few months, brewing partial extract with specialty grains but intend to transition into all grain sometime early next year.

You belong to any clubs?

David
Old 12-17-2010, 04:42 AM  

Chicago, Il
Ive been brewing for almost a year. Ive been brewing all grain for about 7 months. Havent joined a club. was thinking about it but dont have the time.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:02 AM  

Chicago, IL
I am from Elgin, and I brew too. I joined the Silverado Home Brew club which meets in St. Charles. Knowledgeable guys and a lot of fun, tasting and advising.

Last summer I picked up a couple sixes of Fox Deluxe Beer which says is from Oswego. Know anything about it? The beer was high quality, and as a West Sider, I remember the old Fox Deluxe.

Last summer some of us made a bicycle pub crawl, starting in St. Charles and biking down the Fox River with stops along the way, ending up at Walter Payton's Round House in Aurora. Hope to do it again next summer.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:41 PM  

Chicago / Wood Dale, IL
Never brewed beer but sure want to try soon. Maybe this winter.. But I've been making wine for several years now and love it. If anything is going on around for beer brewing let me know. I"d like to learn.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:22 PM  

Chicago, IL
"Teach a friend to homebrew" event was last month, but if you come to Silverado, someone is always starting a batch of barley. I have some porter which has finished its secondary fermentation, and I can not wait to try it, especially since I am counting on it to be some Christmas presents.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:01 AM  

Oswego, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
Ive been brewing for almost a year. Ive been brewing all grain for about 7 months. Havent joined a club. was thinking about it but dont have the time.
I am going AG sometime early next year. I decided I am going to use keggles, more specifically e-keggles (using an all electric setup). I just secured a bunch of used kegs so I can start converting them to fit my needs. Cheaper then any 15 Gallon SS pot I have found with the same amount of bells and whistles on the,.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:02 AM  

Oswego, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by StepR View Post
I am from Elgin, and I brew too. I joined the Silverado Home Brew club which meets in St. Charles. Knowledgeable guys and a lot of fun, tasting and advising.

Last summer I picked up a couple sixes of Fox Deluxe Beer which says is from Oswego. Know anything about it? The beer was high quality, and as a West Sider, I remember the old Fox Deluxe.

Last summer some of us made a bicycle pub crawl, starting in St. Charles and biking down the Fox River with stops along the way, ending up at Walter Payton's Round House in Aurora. Hope to do it again next summer.
Never heard of it but I am going to have to search it out now that you made me aware of it.

Pub crawls are fun, I need to go on some next spring/summer and the bicycle version sounds interesting!!
Old 12-23-2010, 01:16 PM  

Check out the PALE brew club in Plainfield. We meet the first Thursday of each month.

PALEBREWERS.ORG

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!