Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-26-2011, 08:53 AM  

i'm about 30 miles to the east. been all grain for about a year, extract on and off for a few years before that.

I've been meaning to check out a BOSS club meeting, but life gets in the way.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:17 AM  

Chicago, IL
I have a belgian dubbel in a carboy settling down. An apiary at a farmers market last summer had some blueberry honey, and I finally got around to brewing some mead. It started at 1.100, and is still fermenting. It will be a while until I can brew again.

Had a great time at the last Silverado meeting, tasting some scotch ale aged in a whiskey barrel, and some hefeweizen. I think that is what I will try next sometime before the summer.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:57 AM  

Naperville, Illinois
I'm out in Naperville, so kinda close by. Been brewing about 3-1/2 years now
Old 04-19-2011, 06:42 PM  

Chicago, IL
Silverado Home brew club meeting is coming up this Thursday the 21th of April at 7:30
PM at the Tap House grill in St. Charles. The Tap House Grill has a wide
selection of craft beer on tap, an extensive menu.
Silverado Homebrew Club
We will plan our competitions for the next year, sample each other's brew, and judge wood-aged beers.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:00 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
All this home brewing and Leinenkugels is so close? At least I sure liked it in college in Milwaukee.

Nothing to do with brewing, just my odd curiosity. I read histories for pleasure and discovered Oregon's "Oswego" ( Lake Oswego & community) was named "Sucker Lake" till the developers arrived.
I knew of Oswego NY as well as Illinois but wondered what Oswego actually meant. The West borrows heavily of old East Coast names but few could spell back then. Thus a part of Portland is "Milwaukie".

I looked it up and found;
Quote:
The word Oswego means The Outpouring in the Iroquois Language.
No mention of suckers at all.

It's certain no Iroquois ever visited Sucker Lake Oregon.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:14 AM  

there's a brewfest in plainfield in august if anyone is in the area and has an interest in that type of thing.

Midwest Brewers Fest | American Craft Beer at its Best
Old 10-11-2011, 06:17 PM  

Chicago, IL
Saturday November 5, 2011 is Teach a Friend to Home Brew Day. I am going out to Geneva where about a dozen guys are setting up their equipment to give individualized attention. I look forward to comparing notes and techniques and the sampling.
Silverado Learn

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads