Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-29-2011, 02:36 PM  
That's Mr. Bear to you!!

Manhattan, Illinois
Kraus Cable/Internet (Manhattan IL) ???

I have a cable/internet question... I'm moving to Manhattan IL in a couple weeks. It looks like my only option in my new area is a company called Kraus Cable. I've had Dish Network forever so I'm cable illiterate. I know that I screwed on Pay Per View with Kraus.. No UFC PPV fights.. .. I guess I'll just by them online & watch them, no biggie.... but.. how can I play my PS3 online with this cable company?? They said that there internet is through the cable line.. no ethernet cable?? I asked them about the PS3 but they had no idea..

Thanks for any info....

Bear

Old 08-30-2011, 02:08 PM  

O'Fallon, IL
The way most cable companies operate is that they offer both cable TV and cable internet via the RG59/RG6 wiring that comes to your house. In order to access the internet, you will have a RG 6 line from a wall jack > Cable Modem > Router > devices (computer, PS3, etc). There will need to be a cat5e or cat6 cable run between the cable modem and your router as well as from the router to the devices. Your PS3 is wireless so you don't need an ethernet cable. The cable modem will have to be purchased or leased from the provider, in your case, this Kraus Cable company. Or you can buy one from Newegg, best buy, walmart, etc. Also, you will be on the hook for a router. Most people go with a wireless router as it has both wired and wireless options in addition to providing a physical firewall.

I apologize if this is an over simplification, but I'm not sure on your knowledge level. If any of this doesn't make sense, let me know and I'll try to clarify

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads