Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-24-2011, 02:55 PM  
Supporting Member

Krum, Tx
Born and raised there, left in 1984..

Old 01-25-2011, 11:17 AM  

come to chicago, hang onto your wallet the mayor wants it. on second thought leave it home the crime rate is horrible. the rest of ILL is just a place to accumulate government payments, nothing for you to do there.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:46 PM  

You can come to experience paying very high taxes for everything from Cigs to gas and everything in between. Like others have stated, if it wasn't for the employment I'd be outta here!
Old 02-02-2011, 07:16 AM  

I see in your profile pic you have a jeep picture, while not technically located in Illinois but very close to it is the Badlands Offroad Park in Attica IN. It offers the best 4 wheelin around this area! Check out their website and if your around the area look em' up.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:20 PM  

Elgin, Illinois
I have lived in Illinois most of my life and it's getting bad to live here, but I will say there is plenty to do.

For one, chicago has many places to visit, the shedd aquarium, the planetarium, the field museum, museum of science and industry, art museum, around the july 4th weekend there's the taste of chicago. I would suggest not driving in the city, there's not many places to park unliess it's a big place. For the taste I take the train in from elgin and walk to grant park from union station.

If you like camping/hiking, there are numerous campgrounds. The state parks, the army corp of engineers parks and the local county ones. One of my favorites is starved rock state park. Another is lithia springs in lake shelbyville which is an army corp park.

It all depends on what you want to do. A visit to Springfield is a must. Galena, Il. as stated by someone else is nice.

Every state has good places to visit, you just need to have an open mind and not write if off because it's not a good place to live.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:13 PM  

Raeford, North Carolina
I spent 31 years living there I guess now that I don't live in Chicago anymore thank god I can tell you what you have and don't realize it. FOOD people the food in Chicago is awesome from the pizza to the ethnic food you can get there. Thats about all I miss from Chicago is the food. Every time I visit a few places are on my hit list. Shoot over to summit for some amazing burritos then to Cicero on 22nd and about Austin to AL'e restaurant for anything Italian the linguine and calamari are like my mom makes in that place. Also must hit up Portillo's and at least a one late night stop at white castles. And a visit to Chicago would not be complete with out pigging out on some pizza LOL. Yes the sky line is one of the best and all the stuff around Navy pear is awesome but the food alone is worth visiting. Now I'm hungry great I guess I'll order a 9" deep dish at $80 and have it shipped to NC.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:09 PM  

In the State of Chicago (once known as the sate of Illinois), there isn't a good reason. Although the Chicago Museum and the Miracle mile are neat places.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:05 PM  

illinois
there is a lot to do in Chicago, as others have stated. A lot depens on how long you would be staying. there are ton of restaurants, skyline is something to see also. Navy pier is alright, the ferris wheel and some boat tours are the best thing about navy pier.
A blackhawks game is also an experience, no where else do you hear 20,000+ cheering during the national anthem. The museums are decent to visit. And id you do stop Garrets pop corn is very good, a little pricey but good! have to get the Chicago mix, cheese and caramel pop corn.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:46 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
I spent 31 years living there I guess now that I don't live in Chicago anymore thank god I can tell you what you have and don't realize it. FOOD people the food in Chicago is awesome from the pizza to the ethnic food you can get there. Thats about all I miss from Chicago is the food. Every time I visit a few places are on my hit list. Shoot over to summit for some amazing burritos then to Cicero on 22nd and about Austin to AL'e restaurant for anything Italian the linguine and calamari are like my mom makes in that place. Also must hit up Portillo's and at least a one late night stop at white castles. And a visit to Chicago would not be complete with out pigging out on some pizza LOL. Yes the sky line is one of the best and all the stuff around Navy pear is awesome but the food alone is worth visiting. Now I'm hungry great I guess I'll order a 9" deep dish at $80 and have it shipped to NC.
Can't believe it took so many posts for someone to mention the PIZZA! that alone is worth the drive.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.