Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2011, 12:53 PM  

Rockford, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
I think you know the answer to that but dislike it. If Christianity was part of school equality under the law means the Quran, the Book of Mormon, the Torah and others would have equal claim to time spent on the bible..
Not true. There never was a issues over that before. There should be no law of equality under the law.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:02 PM  

Rockford, IL
Now getting back to Unions. Most people don't realize that what they have in the work place is because of unions. Without Unions we all will be getting wal-Mart wages while the Wal-mart family are worth over $100 billion. Did you know Wal-Mart is poverty wages for a family of two? Try raising children on that. So if you don't like Unions then you can't like a decent wage. Thats you right.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:12 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4jeepfamily View Post
Not true. There never was a issues over that before. There should be no law of equality under the law.
However the fact is such equality does exist because our founders wanted people to be free of religious persecution. When Religion is a part of the state it reflects on the treatment of those not part of the State religion. Our founders were Deists rather than aligned by sect.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:20 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
AT&T told employees tri-chlor and other solvents were harmless but they lost a lawsuit filed by hundreds of women who suffered miscarriages from over exosure.
They told us some exposure to arsine gas (arsenic) wasn't dangerous. I used their own library to show them their text books said any exposure was dangerous and caused cancer.
Without unions there would have been no way to reach the truth and protect the work force.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:02 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Now getting back to Unions. Most people don't realize that what they have in the work place is because of unions. Without Unions we all will be getting wal-Mart wages while the Wal-mart family are worth over $100 billion. Did you know Wal-Mart is poverty wages for a family of two? Try raising children on that. So if you don't like Unions then you can't like a decent wage. Thats you right.
Yes at one time unions served a great service.. Now they merely try to squeeze as much out of a business as possible. They damage a business' ability to remain competitive.

People cannot complain about jobs moving overseas and complain about not being paid enough/recieving enought benefits all in the same breath. Oh, AND complain about things being too expensive.

I hope people realize that the more the employees make, the more it costs to produce a product (duh) and the more the consumer must pay.

And don't even start with the BS about "corporations should take a paycut.." because we all know that it doesn't work that way. Shareholders would not allow it. They would fire the CEO and replace him. Oh, and the shareholders are likely those with retirements in the stock market (aka folks like you and me).

Ask yourself this: "do unions encourage job growth, or business growth?"
Old 03-26-2011, 06:10 PM  
Mom, Jeeps and Apple Pie!

Indianapolis, IN
my two cents: I wouldn't join a union. at one time they served a purpose, but with all the labor laws in place today, all they seem to do is keep people that need to be fired from being fired AND take money from other hard working individuals. just my opinion.

however I still believe that you should have a choice to either join a union or not. BUT if you don't join, then you can't reap the benefits of any collective bargining that the union may get for their members.

in my mind, you can't have it 'both ways'.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:39 PM  

Rockford, IL
I hope people realize that the more the employees make, the more it costs to produce a product (duh) and the more the consumer must pay.
Not a true statement.
Correct statement: The more people make the the less the gap is between the rich and the poor. And the rich are threatened by the middle-class having money. Money = power, no money no power to fight the big business corrupt ways.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:53 PM  
Traveler

People are getting pissed enough to start petitions and petitions can result in recall elections. I'm thinking that Walker and others may have some heat coming on. What's your guys take on the petitions? I guess Wisc, is got half the needed votes.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:29 AM  

Rockford, IL
Yes, Walker must go. He is bad for the working man.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:45 PM  

Shuswap, BC
Quote:
Not true, good workers will bring good wages.
Crappy workers will take lower paying jobs, and be earning what they deserve.
My companies are not union, and my employees earn above average wages, because they are good at their jobs. Those working for $8/hr are likely not awesome employees, or they would be making 4 times that or more.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!