Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-08-2011, 11:02 AM  

Shuswap, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4jeepfamily View Post
OK, Unions yes, Unions no, the real problem is, Do you really believe that there are enough good, fair, honest employers out there so a person can make a fair wage for a fair days wage? One that won't jack you around for so a friend? Fire you a personal reason? The working person has to have someone inter seed for him if something goes wrong in the workplace. I believe there are very few good honest employers out there.
I had trouble understanding what you wrote.
But think I pieced it together well enough to reply.

And the answer is yes, lots of employers are good.
The crappy employee is the one that really needs a union, not the good ones.

And please clarify what you mean about being fired for personal reasons.
There are several that can, and should cost an employee their job.
From drug use, to breaking a law, to affair at work, wasting time, gossip, constantly being late, faking illness, etc.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:55 PM  

Chicago, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
Coruption is everywhere. I just think that the Unions tie the hands of the management to effectively do anything about slackers, or provide incentive for more work. I don't mean more time at work, I mean WORK. Perhaps this isn't the norm with union shops (). This shop was "Teamsters" union. Oh, and where I work now, things aren't perfect but WAY better than at a union shop as far as fairness and incentive for performance.
Ahh no the UNIONS don't tie their hands...(yes they do, but ONLY because they lost a lawsuit and HAVE to tie the companies hands)...THIS is what needs to be changed!

As for the 'slackers' I have worked at a LOT of different places Union & non Union...basically the are all the same....you still have the same people that work there...
You have the brown-noser that is all over the boss's
You have the do nothing, that will do twice as much work to get out of work
You have the Boss's pet...nuff said
You have the same weasel backstabber at all the places...
And then you have the good workers, that will cooperate & work hard to get the job done.

You get the idea...

Old 04-13-2011, 08:04 PM  

Chicago, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4jeepfamily View Post
We need less government, cops that care more, less stupid laws, and more freedoms. 100% Yes.

My son works at a non union shop. The company is a multi billion dollar company. In his department there are 25 workers. He is the 2nd most productive worker there, he surpasses quota every day. The bottom 10 workers never have made quota. The pay is the same for everyone and the better workers get taken advantage of. If they come in not feeling the best and don't meet their everyday performance but still is in the top 10 they get a talking to. The bottom 10 they just know that they wont do any better.
The Union would take care of that for him...no way should he be treated like that....
Old 04-13-2011, 08:07 PM  

Chicago, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
At the same time my boss was freaking out because I was finding and adding new responsibilities every week. I asked why that could possibly upset him.

He had a good point. He said the day I was laid off or transferred he would need to request 4 workers to replace me. I hadn't considered it from that viewpoint before. Seems stupid when no one really wants you to work hard and do your best.
I worked over thirty years...only had three bosses ever say I was doing a good job...the rest just piled on more work for the next day.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:15 PM  

Chicago, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCboy View Post
The crappy employee is the one that really needs a union, not the good ones.

Oh HO!! LoL Take the guy that has busted his butt for the company for 20 years, and then let him have an accident or illness.

You will see VERY quickly how even the good workers need a Union!!

Heck even at my Union job I had the company Nurse try to tell me I couldn't see the company doctor for a back injury I had at work.
But I been around the block a couple times and knew how to handle her!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:32 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Look what they did to the American Automotive industry.
I think you're thinking of Japan. Every negotiation I've been part of had two (2) sides. Detroit loved the same contracts they couldn't later compete with.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.