Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2010, 02:55 PM  

Peoria, Illinois
Voting Outside of Chicago

Did you ever wonder how polititians ever got voted in from Chicago? I guess, voting early and often worked for Chicago, but not here south of Rt I_80.I am so wanting to run on an American Ticket just to see how many are tired of the two party system.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:27 PM  

Morris, Illinois
I always say when politics comes up that the 2 party system is dead and holding us back. Most voters IMO are choosing the lesser of two evils when they vote not a canidate they actually know or like...

Old 10-26-2010, 06:27 PM  

South Suburbs Chi Town, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkinsdad View Post
I am so wanting to run on an American Ticket just to see how many are tired of the two party system.
I know I am.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:57 PM  

St. Louis, IL
It amazes me how much Cook county controls the state. I don't think anything can crack that
Old 11-21-2010, 05:52 PM  

Canton, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric76 View Post
I always say when politics comes up that the 2 party system is dead and holding us back. Most voters IMO are choosing the lesser of two evils when they vote not a canidate they actually know or like...
+10 on this.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:09 PM  

Lewistown, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck View Post
It amazes me how much Cook county controls the state. I don't think anything can crack that
Yep.

Sometimes I dont even feel like theres a point to voting in state elections.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:21 AM  

Peoria, Illinois
Maybe now that King Ritchie Daley is not seeking re-election, maybe we stand to have conceiled carry in Illinois, Unfortunately the citizens of this state cannot defend themselves. We remember the immage of the off duty thug in the bar, thrashing the little polish girl for not serving him more beer. Then the stories of his dept. detectives coming around to tell the bar owner," you will have perpetual bad luck if you don't recan't the imamge or story of the beating. This gives Chicagos' finest a black eye. Even the Gestapo couldn't stiffle the freedoms of the individual.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:32 PM  
Bud

Chicago, IL
The citizens of Chicago vastly outnumber the rest of us so whatever they vote for is going to happen
Old 12-02-2010, 06:13 AM  

Chicago, IL
If everyone would vote their conscience and not for who they think will win third parties would thrive. Not only in this state but the country.

Nothing has changed since Grammar school, it's all just a popularity contest.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!