Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2011, 04:05 AM  

Champaign, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep1980 View Post
Since Rham can't run for mayor in chicago now maybe they will get someone who is closer to "our side" of the issues and push FOR some gun rights instead of just take take take.
Yeah, what's that all about? Surely the well-oiled Democratic machine would have known -it's gotta be some staffer's JOB to know- when somebody's ineligible for office. Well, I should say some EX-staffer, I suppose....

My personal view is that it's going to take a lot more than Emanuel not being mayor to get CCW in this state.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:16 PM  

Braidwood, IL
This stated is to stupid to allow ccw. Instead they just want to increase our taxes, instead of putting there heads together and thinking of a way to create money. Lets see, issure IL CCW liscense, and make revenue off it like Florida, utah, and Iowa.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:12 AM  

Granite City, Illinois
I saw yesterday where they were now putting Rham's name on the ballots for Chicago mayor race ... if he hasn't lived in the city for the last year and that's a requirement, how can his name be on the ballot?? Oh yeah, our "President" wasn't born in this country... never mind.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:55 AM  

chicago, il
As much as I would like CC, I would appreciate allowing suppressors at gun ranges. Sorry for the hijack.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:17 AM  

Manhattan, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeranger
As much as I would like CC, I would appreciate allowing suppressors at gun ranges. Sorry for the hijack.
THAT WOULD BE so nice.

We'll get it one day .
Old 01-27-2011, 07:12 PM  

Chicago, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDog1 View Post
On the other hand it doesn't make me feel safe that every Dingbats out there could have a gun under his jacket.

That's the problem they already have them already, they don't wait to get a permit!

I think everyone that applies should have a background check, just to make sure they aren't handing a permit out to a 'registered' dingbat...LoL.

I 'discuss' this with people that don't agree. They say it will lead to more shooting...I tell them to Google "Gun Town USA"...so this ISN'T my "opinion", this is fact. A town passed a law that stated that EVERY household had to have a firearm. Doubters again stated that there would be more shooting deaths with more guns...but for more than TWENTY FIVE YEARS this had NOT been the case.

I also point out that they have probably never needed a gun in their life, which is why they see no need for people to have one....I on the other hand HAVE had a need for one...it makes a big difference on your out look!
Old 01-28-2011, 01:18 AM  

i am taking the concealed carry course in afghanistan in a couple days and it should be a pretty interesting class. I'm still pretty hazy when it comes to concealed carry from one state to another. I live in Tennessee but travel to Illinois all the time. So it's gunna be nice to know what i'm supposed to do on the i24 bridge when i get into state lines. prolly just at everyone passing by who think i'm a dumbass.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:13 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudsmcgee View Post
Right now Chicago makes it criminal to even "legally" own a handgun.
The Supreme Court struck down Chicago's gun ban, however city ordinance makes it illegal to buy/sell guns in the city, and you have to get a "permit" in order to possess one inside your house. You can't take it out of your home.

So basically, if you buy a gun, you better hide it really well and hope you don't get pulled over while transporting it from the gun shop to your home.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:13 PM  

If you want to get involved the Illinois State Rifle ASSN has the Illinois Gun Owners Lobby day March 10 ,they have busses all over the state to take gun owners down to springfield to lobby our lawmakers. The more gun owners that shown up the more power we will yeild.
Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day 2011
http://appleseedinfo.org/
Old 02-02-2011, 02:43 PM  

Elgin, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafa92 View Post
The Supreme Court struck down Chicago's gun ban, however city ordinance makes it illegal to buy/sell guns in the city, and you have to get a "permit" in order to possess one inside your house. You can't take it out of your home.

So basically, if you buy a gun, you better hide it really well and hope you don't get pulled over while transporting it from the gun shop to your home.
you can transport it the same way you transport your guns in the rest of the state. it needs to be in a locked case and the ammo can't be with it. You can't bring it outside your house if it's not in the case.

I believe now Chicago wants you to take classes and they have a few places from what I was told that you can sign up for. They are the places that teach the armored car guards gun safety. Chicago is just making it tougher to own a gun but not impossible.

Whenever a crime happens in the city, the liberals say we need more gun control. We need to get the guns off the street. But if you look at the statistics, none of those crimes are committed by legal responsible gun owners, but criminals that obtained them illegally. But the people that are doing the voting don't look at the statistics, they only hear what they are told. They are choosing to remain ignorant of the facts.

And the facts are; If everyone owned a gun in the city of Chicago, learned proper safety, and carried it with them, the crime rate would go down.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!