Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-17-2010, 07:15 AM  
V

East Dundee, Illinois
Guess I better not drive my car down there, had the tinting when I bought it, not a big fan of very dark tinting as it sucks backing up at night.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:54 AM  

Chicago, Illinois
Not a fan of this law because it is a pain in the butt looking through cars with tinted windows when backing up. I don't know how many times I've almost backed into somebody or walked infront of a car that was pulling out of a parking spot because I couldn't see through the windows of a car that I'm passing.

Plus, for the safety of our law enforcement officers, it is safer for them to be able to see exactly what is going on in a car while they're walking up.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:18 AM  

Although it may be allowed by law, there is nobody forcing you to have tint. I do agree with you about super dark tint and law enforcement. Having had some experience with this, I can tell you you really have to be on your toes when that driver's window rolls down. You don't know if you are about to talk to a little old lady or a gang banger with a sawed off shotgun on his lap!
Old 12-04-2010, 07:41 AM  

Roselle, IL
Wait, so if it's legal in IL but illegal in Chicago, is this based upon where you live or just the fact that you're in the city? When drivers from other states come into IL they could always have whatever tint was legal in their state. So if I have dark tint and live in the burbs, I can't drive downtown anymore?
Old 12-07-2010, 10:47 AM  

Is there any practical benefit to tinting your front windows? I know people with vision issues that warrant the need can get a prescription which gives them an exemption, but is there any real purpose for anyone else? Sunglasses have always worked fine for me.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:42 PM  

Rockford, IL
I've always thought window tint was for crooks and wannabe pimps.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:47 PM  

Chicago
Tints can sometimes help keep the interior a car cooler, or at least it felt like it to me when I had it years ago.

Oh, and in the city I saw a sign in car wash place (that sells tints) stating that tints are now legal.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:52 PM  

Oswego, IL
Cities can trump anything they want until someone pulls them into court, heck its the same with anything, law depends on some judges perception. Look at the Chicago gun ban....
Old 12-15-2010, 09:56 PM  

warrenville, Illinois
i got a friend with 80% tint all around except for windshield and hes never gotten nailed, he does his own stuff, but you cant see in at all
Old 12-15-2010, 11:55 PM  

Chicago, Il
80% tint means its really not tinted at all?????

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads