Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-23-2010, 10:25 AM  

Low Moral for Indie Cops

Survey: Indy Cops Mad at Brass, Morale Low: Top News Stories at Officer.com

I want them to be as happy as they can be. Its disturbing to think a policeman can be disgruntled.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:04 AM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Indianapolis a pretty dangerous City? Growing poverty?

Old 11-23-2010, 11:15 AM  

It sounds like more of a ploy used often in law enforcement when it is time to negociate a new contract, or tired of a "same ol' - same ol'" type of chief.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:38 PM  

Indianapolis, Indiana
Indianapolis isn't even close to being dangerous. Compared to other cities it's size it's super safe. I live just outside downtown and I never feel unsafe even walking around at night.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:53 PM  
NOOB

Indianapolis, Indiana
That artical seems horrible missleading. Everyone living in Indy should be very embarrassed by the way our police have acted as of recently. We all know how royaly they screwed up with the officer bassard (I think was his name) case and how the BAC test was thrown out of the case because they "accidentaly screwed up" when drawing his blood. Then there was something else that is escaping me at the moment that they should feel pretty bad for. Overall, the department has not performed very well as of recent and hopefully they do feel bad and they do change something soon.

I love the police, dont get me wrong. I am one of those people that if I see them flash their lights to get through and intersection and then go about their way, I am ok with it. They should get "some" special treatment. They put their lives on the line everyday and I am thankful for that.

I am just asking that they act like they have been there before, have some pride and do their job the best way they know how. Now get out there and catch some bad guys!!!
Old 12-28-2010, 11:42 PM  

Indianapolis, Indiana
I live in Greenwood but have several Indianapolis and Greenwood cop friends. Look at any organization there are bad apples, police work attracts both those who desire to better peoples lives and those who want power.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:48 PM  

Having retired from law enforcement after 25 years, these bad apples you speak of generally will rot and fall off the vine at a very young age, leaving the cream of the crop.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:00 PM  
Will Travel By Jeep

Indianapolis, IN
I think their jobs would generally be low for moral as personally I'd hate to deal with the day to day issues they have to. Thankfully we do have guys willing to do it, of course.

I have met several officers at the Eagle Creek range when it's open to the public. Nice guys and very friendly.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:23 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach31684 View Post
We all know how royaly they screwed up with the officer bassard (I think was his name) case and how the BAC test was thrown out of the case because they "accidentaly screwed up" when drawing his blood. Then there was something else that is escaping me at the moment that they should feel pretty bad for.
Really??? Do you feel personally responsible when one of your co-workers screws something up or gets in trouble? Why on earth do you think THEY should feel bad for Bisards screw up?
Old 01-26-2011, 06:42 AM  
NOOB

Indianapolis, Indiana
I am not sure who you work for, but if one of my co-workers did something that publicly humiliated the company that I work for, I would be horrible embarrassed for the company and myself for working there. If you dont feel that way maybe you should reevaluate your current employment. I take much personal pride in the people I am able to help on a day to day basis. So if someone leaves my business pissed off, I usually feel bad and think, "I should have been able to do more to help them." Cause if too many people leave here pissed off, its just not good for business.(But thats just me)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads