Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2010, 11:54 AM  

Lafayette, Indiana
Super Bowl 2012

What happens if an NFL lockout happens next season? Does the SB get shifted back a year, or is Indy just screwed?

Old 12-27-2010, 02:09 PM  
Mom, Jeeps and Apple Pie!

Indianapolis, IN
this is Indy. we get screwed.....more than likely.

Old 12-28-2010, 05:28 PM  

Indianapolis, IN
my guess is we would get an automatic bid for the next unselected bowl which would be several years out. if that happens, it will be bad for businesses and hotels that are investing alot to scale up for the volume.....not to mention for fans and the reputation of the NFL (which is another example why unions are a joke)
Old 12-28-2010, 11:32 PM  

Indianapolis, Indiana
"This is not unusual as local Super Bowl host committees will include in its bid a number of possible dates it could host the Super Bowl," league spokesman Brian McCarthy said. "As part of its ... bid, the Indianapolis Super Bowl Host Committee said it would hold both Feb. 5 and Feb. 12, 2012 as possible dates. We have listed Feb. 5 as the tentative date for the game, but have flexibility to hold it in Indianapolis on Feb. 12."

There wont be a whole season lockout to much money.. But they have already factored in a delayed start of season as part of our bid for the bowl.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:31 PM  
Will Travel By Jeep

Indianapolis, IN
It will be awesome having the Super Bowl here. Indy really does have a nice downtown and I think it will be very successful here. I've already had family ask if they can pay me rent the week before.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:50 PM  

Indianapolis, IN
I believe we're all SOL. I believe that if it doesn't go down the city should sue the NFL. Let's think about all the guarantees the NFL gives in terms of revenue brought in etc., but also the demands that they have in terms of hotel rooms etc. It is unreasonable consideration in addition I am sure that there would be grounds based upon breech of contract. I want a Super Bowl here but more so I think at this point I want to see Roger Goddell taken down about 15 pegs from that high horse he's on.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:30 PM  
NOOB

Indianapolis, Indiana
The way this breaks down is this: The Super Bowl is always booked three years in advance. If for any reason the season is shortened or the Super Bowl is affected by circumstances out of the venues control (I am not sure if weather is included), the NFL will give that venue the next available date, which would make it four years from February 2012. That is the way it was explained to me.

(i think this smile guy is the funniest thing!!)
Old 01-12-2011, 08:02 PM  
Mom, Jeeps and Apple Pie!

Indianapolis, IN
'beach'....I really hope it doesn't come to that, but I believe you are correct. Indy will be the center of the storm, so to speak, since Colts "center" Jeff Saturday has been very outspoken as the Colts NFLPA Rep. as he said "It's all on the owners".

however, compromise is 'on' all parties involved, NOT just the owners. WORK IT OUT GUYS!!
Old 01-20-2011, 07:24 PM  

Praying for a 2011-12 STRIKE!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:53 AM  
NOOB

Indianapolis, Indiana
Why would you pray for that, lost of people depend on the season for a job. And I am not just talking about the players, think of all the security people, ticket takers, janitors and a whole lot of other people that need a season.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
Bookmark this Page!